• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: cv lies

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "cv lies"

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I'd point out that you also look very much like your avatar, but I fear the realisation that I was talking to such a honey would cause me to drool and loose the ability to speak again!

God I'm smooth
    Silky smooth

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    I'd point out that you also look very much like your avatar, but I fear the realisation that I was talking to such a honey would cause me to drool and loose the ability to speak again!

God I'm smooth
    get a room !!

is it me or do people get more horny during the hotter weather?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon

Hehe...

God I'm smooth

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Is it the glazed look in the eyes?

Hehe...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    Having met SA, I can vouch that her avatar is not a bad lookey-likey. There is definitely some likeness there.
    Is it the glazed look in the eyes?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Having met SA, I can vouch that her avatar is not a bad lookey-likey. There is definitely some likeness there.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    No one seems to question if your avatar is you, we just accept it. Maybe becuase its harder to believe a woman would post on a IT forum than it is to believe a space dwelling alien lizard would.
    Oi!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    clients seem to be put off if you are of a too higher standard.
    I have never had that problem.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I lied, or at least my agent lied for me in order to get one of my first contracts. I had a telephone interview on a Friday, and the Monday I was flying to Holland, I was RTFM on the plane and in the Taxi to the client. I am glad I lied because the contact turned out well and the client very pleased.

These days it is the reverse; I tone down my CV because clients seem to be put off if you are of a too higher standard.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    No one seems to question if your avatar is you, we just accept it. Maybe becuase its harder to believe a woman would post on a IT forum than it is to believe a space dwelling alien lizard would.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    This question comes up with stunning regularity really..

On two successive days this week...

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by timh
    (Just in case it wasn't clear, that was a reference to yesterday's occurrence..)
    I got it.

Leave a comment:

• timh
    replied
    (Just in case it wasn't clear, that was a reference to yesterday's occurrence..)

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    No. She is...

Never mind. Look, I've been meaning to change that for ages, but I've got avatars turned off so I keep forgetting.

Leave a comment:

• timh
    replied
    BTW, is your avertare really you???!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X