• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Will You Excercise the Right........"

Collapse

• ~Craig~
    replied
    I was planning on voting but I have no idea which party is good or bad around here.

Therefore I'm thinking that a miss-placed vote could be more damaging than not voting at all

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB
    How to annoy the returning officer. Don't spoil your ballot paper. Take it away with you.

This then means that at the initial count the number of ballot papers in the box does not agree with the number issued. They then have to recount. Ultimately all the candidates have to agree to the difference in numbers of papers cast v those issued.
    'Soil' not 'Spoil' - that will annoy the returning officer alright.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I shall do my democratic duty and soil my ballot paper.
    How to annoy the returning officer. Don't spoil your ballot paper. Take it away with you.

This then means that at the initial count the number of ballot papers in the box does not agree with the number issued. They then have to recount. Ultimately all the candidates have to agree to the difference in numbers of papers cast v those issued.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Hopefully there's a "None of the above" option. A vote of no confidence.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    It's only 50 yards to the polling station, and I'm at home today anyway so I have pleanty of time.

But, who the hell am I going to vote for? No idea. Maybe there's a loony candidate.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    To Vote?

Who's actually bothering to vote today?
    I got out of the habit while poll tax dodging and now can't find anyone worth voting for.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect
    If you don't then you are lazy, and a numpty.
    I shall do my democratic duty and soil my ballot paper.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    If you don't then you are lazy, and a numpty.

Leave a comment:

• SoupDragon
    replied
    Since I'm not working I might.

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    started a poll Will You Excercise the Right........

Will You Excercise the Right........

...Have voted / intend to vote today
    39.29%
    ...Will not vote / do not intend to vote today
    14.29%
    ...Never vote as a matter of choice
    14.29%
    ...Have no elections in my part of the world
    32.14%

The poll is expired.

To Vote?

Who's actually bothering to vote today?