• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Rats

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rats"

Collapse

• jimjamuk
    replied
    careful....

could be the start of an IR investigation! skulking round checking out your comings and goings

Leave a comment:

• chubba
    replied
    Those were the days, bag of ferrets and a couple of terriers, hours of fun.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Terriers.
    [taps pipe, takes off flat cap to wipe foam from top lip]

Best ratters this side of Ormskirk.

Leave a comment:

• chubba
    replied
    Time to buy one of these:
    http://www.airsportdirect.com/acatal...rauchHW80.html

Every good contractor should have one for his ground staff.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by zamzummim
    Yesterday I saw a huge rat in the front garden - I don't live in the countryside - what shall I do? actively try to kill it, or just leave it and hope it migrates to the neighbours garden?
    I personally hate cats but this is one situation where I would get one and i think you need one too.

On the plus side, a cat will not give a sh1t about how long you stay out during the day, or what time you get home at night.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by zamzummim
    Yesterday I saw a huge rat in the front garden - I don't live in the countryside - what shall I do? actively try to kill it, or just leave it and hope it migrates to the neighbours garden?
    Call the local hunt. I think they're allowed to go for rats, but the horns and baying hounds might annoy the neighbours.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Call UB40 to see if they can pen a melodic ditty about your dilemma!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    They dont eat, dont sleep
    They dont feed, they dont seethe
    Bare their gums when they moan and squeak
    Lick the dirt off a larger ones feet
    They dont push, dont crowd
    Congregate until theyre much too loud
    fook to procreate till they are dead
    Drink the blood of their so called best friend

They dont scurry when something bigger comes their way
    Dont pack themselves together and run as one
    Dont tulip where theyre not supposed to
    Dont take whats not theirs, they dont compare

They dont scam, dont fight
    Dont oppress an equals given rights
    Starve the poor so they can be well fed
    Line their holes with the dead ones bread

They dont scurry when something bigger comes their way }
    Dont pack themselves together and run as one } (2x)
    Dont tulip where theyre not supposed to }
    Dont take whats not theirs, they dont compare... }

Rats...they dont compare (2x)

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    get yr self an outdoor animal trap. It's a plastic box with a one-way door. You bait it, it comes the animal, bingo u have him trapped. You can then kill it or torture it or set it free in your neighbour's garden.

You could hit it hard with a major leaflet campaign that says something like "Rats Not Welcome".

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied
    get yr self an outdoor animal trap. It's a plastic box with a one-way door. You bait it, it comes the animal, bingo u have him trapped. You can then kill it or torture it or set it free in your neighbour's garden.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    put some bread and cat food down, than normally scares them away

I think

Leave a comment:

• Barriebazg
    replied
    Stick a horse's head in its bed, the dirty rat

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Take it to the nearest employment agency, they'll hire it.

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    started a topic Rats

Rats

Working...
X