• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Countdown has begun"

Collapse

• Mustang
    replied
    Post Script

Now back from 4+ weeks holiday in the US and Canada - nice and relaxed. The day I got back got a call from the agency the end Client used in the previous gig. They want a PM for the next phase and have put me forward to the end Client.

if I get it, I would be working for Frenchies customer and he would have to do as I asked!!! All that and on a higher rate too!! Justice!!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Sorry to hear all this Mustang, but hey, good luck on the west coast! I guess that drink is on hold then!

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I have to agree with Churchill - you've "ethically" done the right thing I suppose, but you've just done yourself out of a job.

Jesus if I'd walked every time I had to work with a tw*t I certainly wouldn't be getting investigated, cause I wouldn't have made any money!

Still, what's done is done - I hope you find something new (and better) soon mate
    They wanted to put a permie in any way so not really done myself out of a job.

It wasn't that he was a tw@t it was mopre that he was interfering with how I did the job. If I were a coder he would have been changing the syntax of the code I wrote not because it was wrong, but because it was not the way he would have written the code. Who can work under those circumstances?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang
    Not really getting wound up - easy come, easy go. I didn't really want to renew anyway since the timescales for the project were very very tight. I escalated and no one was removing the obstacle so if I had renewed it would have been more of Frenchie getting in my way.......
    Ok, Plan "B" twat the f*cker! But do it "Professionally" - see Threaded for suggested techniques.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    You're getting wound up, there's no need. It's a fecking job. Escalate the issue and let someone else remove the obstacle.
    Not really getting wound up - easy come, easy go. I didn't really want to renew anyway since the timescales for the project were very very tight. I escalated and no one was removing the obstacle so if I had renewed it would have been more of Frenchie getting in my way.......

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I have to agree with Churchill - you've "ethically" done the right thing I suppose, but you've just done yourself out of a job.

Jesus if I'd walked every time I had to work with a tw*t I certainly wouldn't be getting investigated, cause I wouldn't have made any money!

Still, what's done is done - I hope you find something new (and better) soon mate

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang
    The whole point about dealing with Frenchie was that he was not allowing me to do what I have been contracted to do. As a result I had to constantly remind him of the contracted terms in order to be able to fullfil my own obligations. When this didn't happen I had to escalate within his organisation.

As I see it, I behaved very professionally under the circumstances.
    You're getting wound up, there's no need. It's a fecking job. Escalate the issue and let someone else remove the obstacle.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    OK, Mustang, firstly it doesn't matter how much of a twat the staffer is. You're payed enough to ignore him/her.

Just treat this as a professional relationship.

Churchill - In "Think of the money" mode!
    The whole point about dealing with Frenchie was that he was not allowing me to do what I have been contracted to do. As a result I had to constantly remind him of the contracted terms in order to be able to fullfil my own obligations. When this didn't happen I had to escalate within his organisation.

As I see it, I behaved very professionally under the circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    "A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step"...
    Yes thats all very well but what does a journey of 998 miles begin with ?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    he who dares Rodders he who dares

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    the first step is often the hardest

Milan.
    And the first cut is the deepest too.............allegedly.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    the first step is often the hardest

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    yeah, an' what are his contact details

Milan in 'let the pro's through' mode.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    What type of role was it mustang, out of interest. Was this froggie your PM or team leader or what ?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    hear hear

Spod, you're been converted to the Benes wisdom

nice one

there are many more lessons for you to learn, but,

shall we say,

one step at a time eh

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...