• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: What A Joke

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What A Joke"

Collapse

• errorista
    replied
    They must pay out backhanders to make 'The Bill', this guy didnt know the 'routine'.

I wonder how special constables get away with it? Must be legal to impersonate a lollipop lady.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    I wish they'd arrest those Highways Agency vehicles that are impersonating the police.

The number of times I've come across plebs queued up behind them thinking they're either the fuzz or have the power to stop you for speeding.

From a distance they might be convincing but not when you get closer and see "Highways Agency" on their bumper. Come on people, put your foot down

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    And bloody right he should be charged. Perhaps if he was a professional businessman like some of you like to pretend he would have done the required research to ensure his "costume" was legal!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Barriebazg
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Yes, they'll have him for sure. I know of a motorcyclist who put on one of them luminous vests like I wear (and like the motorcyclist on the front of one of the highway code books) and found himself being told off for looking like a police motorcyclist, mind you he was on a Red Ducati, and had a black helmet with Daffy Duck painted on it, so it was an easy mistake to make.

Yeah you have to watch out for those undercover cartoon cops!!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Yes, they'll have him for sure. I know of a motorcyclist who put on one of them luminous vests like I wear (and like the motorcyclist on the front of one of the highway code books) and found himself being told off for looking like a police motorcyclist, mind you he was on a Red Ducati, and had a black helmet with Daffy Duck painted on it, so it was an easy mistake to make.

Leave a comment:

• Barriebazg
    started a topic What A Joke

What A Joke

This is just stupid

Link

"They followed me into the bar, watched the show, then asked me to go back to the station. It was all quite friendly. When I went back later they said they were going to charge me."

Working...
X