• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's best way to finance a Used Car ?"

Collapse

• css_jay99
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    Here we were offering advice and we all wasted our breaths. BMW are sooo common now..they'll soon be passe.
    It might be common but its still a solid engineering kit and holds a good residual value if fully loaded. So what car do you recommend or do you have ?.

css_jay99

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23
    surely you mean hop?
    Pogoing on his third leg?

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Here we were offering advice and we all wasted our breaths. BMW are sooo common now..they'll soon be passe.
    That's why they brought out that dame edna styling to try to put people off and make it less mainstream. Worked with me, fugly cars until the recent additions to the latest line up.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99
    I have narrowed down to two choices.

1) X5 - yr 2000 - 2002 will have to be petrol and sports
    2) 5 series yr 2004 Model

so anyone selling one, let me know
    css_jay99

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    You clearly all have small penises. I walk.
    surely you mean hop?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    You clearly all have small penises. I walk.

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    replied
    Agree...X5 is for the school run only...

If the 5 Series is new shape (which I think it is) and the sports model then its not a bad car...I looked at one of these (although an '06 model which I assume is the same) and really liked it...although in the end went for an '05 CLK Sport which had just as much room but was more supportive of my mid-life crisis

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    X5 is a woman's car it's too feminine for men

and inside it's no bigger than a Skoda fabia !

is 2004 5 series the new or old shape ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    I have narrowed down to two choices.

1) X5 - yr 2000 - 2002 will have to be petrol and sports
    2) 5 series yr 2004 Model

so anyone selling one, let me know
    css_jay99

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Thanks. It may be too late now that they have disposed of said vehicle. But still, legally, there maybe something we can do...maybe. Though you would think that BMW would like to keep customers - not throw them away. I doubt whether my father will EVER consider buying another BMW.
    No, not really, if my experience is anything to go by, and I've had several 7s, 8s, Alpinas and M-Techs. If you happen to be passed a lemon they don't want to know you anymore. After my experience I won't be buying another and I would not recommend anyone else to either.

Now, Lamborghini, they like to keep their customers.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
    That's because we've made poverty history. We can all afford beemers now. You're below the poverty line if you have to resort to a mondeo.
    Yup, personal debt is increasing by £1M/sec. That's, what like, 33 BMW's/sec.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB
    Nikasil bores was the problem with low sulpher fuels. Big problems here and in the states. Most were replaced under warranty, but they did spend a long time denying issues.
    Thanks. It may be too late now that they have disposed of said vehicle. But still, legally, there maybe something we can do...maybe. Though you would think that BMW would like to keep customers - not throw them away. I doubt whether my father will EVER consider buying another BMW.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    I suppose I could have tried that when the motor in my dad's 740i blew up. The garage wanted $13,000 just for the motor! My dad sold the remains of the car to the garage for $3,500, after paying $90,000 for in new '94.

In '94, $90,000 where my dad lives could have easily bought a nice house with change left over.

BMW denies that there was a serious flaw with the engine in his ex-car. He even had an extended warranty - apparently it didn't cover his specific problem.
    Nikasil bores was the problem with low sulpher fuels. Big problems here and in the states. Most were replaced under warranty, but they did spend a long time denying issues.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    That's because we've made poverty history. We can all afford beemers now. You're below the poverty line if you have to resort to a mondeo.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Okay, so that made them cool. So what's the deal now? One guy at the office will only drive BMW. He hates Japanese cars too. I wind him up every other day by saying something like "I saw the most gorgeous Honda estate on the way in today." What makes people like that? He says its the prestige...Am I stupid because I don't get it.
    There are more BMW 3 series produced in europe than ford mondeos, rather common these days is prestige.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X