• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Alan Ball

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Alan Ball"

Collapse

• pickle
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Are you Robbie Williams?
    Yes. Anything you need to know about the young boys in LA. Just ask.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W
    Remember though, Alan Ball was a ginge and they're pre-disposed to being genetically sickly.
    I think it is more to do with the genetics of red-hair meaning many treatments don't work so well. A good example is anaesthetics: many red-heads don't receive the pain free dental treatment other people do...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W
    Remember though, Alan Ball was a ginge and they're pre-disposed to being genetically sickly.
    Is there anything in that? The Jocks, especially in Glasgow, seem to have a lower life expectancy than the rest of western Europe.

Ball's wife died a little while ago. A lot of widows and widowers follow their spouse soon after.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    61 is very young to die especially for a fit ex footballer

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Just watched 66 highlights http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...bbwm=1&bbram=1

Was that Stiles who gave away the free kick for Germany's second goal?
    Jack Charlton.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Just watched 66 highlights http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...bbwm=1&bbram=1

Was that Stiles who gave away the free kick for Germany's second goal?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Wonder who will be number 3 from '66 squad to go

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    61 is very young to die especially for a fit ex footballer
    I'm not sure years of extensive physical exercise adds to life expectancy tbh. Plenty of sports and ex sports stars die early.

Still sad news.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by pickle
    What are you talking about? He was a great manager. I can clearly remember him screwing up stoke city good and proper. Gets him full marks in my book.
    Are you Robbie Williams?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Now thats not true - I think you are thinking of Bobby Moore.
    Well, from what I remember, Alan Ball delighted in winding up the opposition, none more so than Scotland (at that time England v Scotland was still an annual, antagonistic event). He once scored the winner at Hampden too.

I'm sure that the Scots, both on the pitch and in the stands, would have reciprocated. Apparently, Tommy Gemmill used to chase Ball around just so he could kick him.

I'm not sure what the Scots made of Moore.

Leave a comment:

• pickle
    replied
    Originally posted by cityboy
    Didn't like him as a manager but sorry to hear this news
    What are you talking about? He was a great manager. I can clearly remember him screwing up stoke city good and proper. Gets him full marks in my book.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face
    Do You Realize - we're floating in space -
    Do You Realize - that happiness makes you cry
    Do You Realize - that everyone you know someday will die

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
    You realize that life goes fast
    It's hard to make the good things last
    You realize the sun doesn't go down
    It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    Apparently, most of us are already programmed from birth.
    To Die? not most.. all, it's the great leveller.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    Apparently, most of us are already programmed from birth.
    tish, have you never checked Deathclock

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Brown bread. Jocks hated him.
    Now thats not true - I think you are thinking of Bobby Moore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X