• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Standards Are Too Low on Here....."

Collapse

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    I worked for most of 2005 in Brussels - picked it up over there.
    Belgium, man, Belgium...
    Wasn't that a quote by Ford Prefect in the hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Are you from Macclesfield? (Look up Macc Lads if you don't understand the question).
    I'm from Macc!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    I was in North Berwick , Scotland a couple of weeks ago in a drunken stupid and I bought a scotch pie. I managed one bite before I baulked.It had been deep fried and even thinking about it makes me retch.

When I moved down to England I was shocked that they didn't fry their pies. You should have started on something lighter like the deep fried pizza

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Living in Denmark as I've done these last few years I now find the very smell of a steak and kidney pie makes me retch.
    I was in North Berwick , Scotland a couple of weeks ago in a drunken stupid and I bought a scotch pie. I managed one bite before I baulked.It had been deep fried and even thinking about it makes me retch.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by cityboy
    meat and potato pie, chips peas and gravy just to delicately float on 8 pints of bitter . A feast
    Living in Denmark as I've done these last few years I now find the very smell of a steak and kidney pie makes me retch.

Leave a comment:

• cityboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    mmm, steak and kidney pudding
    meat and potato pie, chips peas and gravy just to delicately float on 8 pints of bitter . A feast

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    When I was looking for a career after leaving school I told my dad I wanted to be an astronaut, just like neil armstrong. I said 'I want to be shot into space'
    dad said 'Well little EO, if yer mother had had her way , you would have been'

Shouldn't that be credited to Mr Roy "Chubby" Brown? or Royston Vasey as he is properly named.

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    When I was looking for a career after leaving school I told my dad I wanted to be an astronaut, just like neil armstrong. I said 'I want to be shot into space'
    dad said 'Well little EO, if yer mother had had her way , you would have been'

lol

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Are you from Macclesfield? (Look up Macc Lads if you don't understand the question).
    Ahhh great classics lines from the Macc lads like

"We are the lads from Macc.... and we want some cra**"

or "Charlottes the biggest s**g in Mac"

or Uncle Nobby

We should of put them in for Eurovison

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    mmm, steak and kidney pudding

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    There is only one acceptable topping for chips, and thats gravy....northern gravy!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    There is only one acceptable topping for chips, and thats gravy....northern gravy!
    Oooh, northern boys love gravy ..

Actually chips and curry sauce is an old favourite after a night in the tiles.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mictech
    replied
    cheese and chips, grated cheese melt over the top piping hot chips.

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Belgium, man, Belgium...
    I worked for most of 2005 in Brussels - picked it up over there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X