• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend Away

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend Away"

Collapse

• XTC
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    4 hour flight? Did you use a hang-glider? The flight takes 1hr 10mins from London.
    Does it?! I had a raging hangover, it was Ryan Air and it felt like 4 hours!

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    [QUOTE=Ivor1]Anyone recommend somewhere for a nice weekend away with a lady

I thought she was supposed to be under the patio? You need heavier slabs ..

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Racist!!!!
    It's a fair cop.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    I went to Prague on a stag weekend ao didn't really get to see much of it other than the insides of seedy bars. But from what I remember it was an interesting place, great architecture - steeped in history, friendly locals and cheap like a bird. 4 hour flight however so a bit far for a weekend. I'm off to Vienna in may for a weekend which is closer and supposed to be a great weekend break. Another option is a ski resort. I've just been to Chamonix in france and although u can still ski it was 26 degress in the town, so shorts/t-shirt weather. Plenty of non ski things to do such as hiking, mountain biking, loads of restaurants & bars, easy to get to - 1 hr from Geneva and Geneva is 1.15 from Gatwick, Easyjet fly there. You don't really want to be doing 3hr+ flight time, with the check in & travel to airport u don't end up with much time over a weekend. And breathe.
    4 hour flight? Did you use a hang-glider? The flight takes 1hr 10mins from London.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    No, it slid past
    LOL!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    No, it slid past

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    That was a joke relating to yesterday's thread actually...clearly it sky rocketed straight over your gelled hair
    No, it slid past

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    explain why
    That was a joke relating to yesterday's thread actually...clearly it sky rocketed straight over your gelled hair

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    maybe S-A is right..!
    You dont see that very often!!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    For somewhere different why not try Carcassonne in France? Superb medieval walled city with no shortage of nice places to eat and stay. Ryanair fly there from Stansted.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Racist!!!!
    explain why

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    Might not have a choice now, left it a bit late and the only flights I can get for Barca are really cr*p times, would mean comming back early on the Sunday Prague is looking fav at mo

Thanks for everyones advice

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    Talin. Cheap as a bowl of rice.

Racist!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    How's your Mum now SA?
    Ah she's champion - back to her old self

She had her 60th birthday and retired from work, and the very next day went to Barca...heart attack on the 2nd day of her holiday and was in intensive care for a week

It puts things into perspective.

Cheers for asking x x x

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Dublin is dull unless you want to be on the piss (which to be fair you can do at home).
    Most Eastern European cities are spoilt by the stag trade. Having said that, I've done Kracow and Budapest and they are both pretty good for a romantic weekend (not too romantic in a girly poofter sort of way mind).

I want to do Barcelona so maybe S-A is right..!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X