• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Punch Up in the Park"

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    The sikhs were set up in order to fight and check the forces of militant Islam.
    Were they? Never heard of this before.

Any sources you can quote?

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    you can't type in www.computercontractor.net

(computer contractor dot net)

Leave a comment:

• churkus
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot
    Huh? What are you on about? Why not just post the correct link and stop playing silly games?

(I tried www.ccnet.com, www.cc.net.com, and a couple of others, and none worked.)
    erm the clue was in the following text:

edit: replace lamesitealert (lame what country is this like dude?) with
    computer contractor.net

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Numptycorner
    Someone on ccnet was caught up in it

http://www.lamesitealert.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=11499

computer contractor.net
    Huh? What are you on about? Why not just post the correct link and stop playing silly games?

(I tried www.ccnet.com, www.cc.net.com, and a couple of others, and none worked.)

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Someone on ccnet was caught up in it

http://www.lamesitealert.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=11499

computer contractor.net

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Throb_Nugget
    It's never failed to amaze me that if I carry a dagger in public, I get done for possessing an offensive weapon yet apparently Sikhs can carry the same item as a ceremonial religious item. What happened to the 'one law for all' philosophy?
    The sikhs were set up in order to fight and check the forces of militant Islam. I say give them machine guns and tactical nuclear weapons

Leave a comment:

• Throb_Nugget
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    oh dear...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ds/6582373.stm

'Police closed Handsworth Park in Birmingham after trouble flared at the Vaisakhi event, held as part of Sikh new year celebrations.

Jay Singh, who went with his wife and two young sons, said he probably would not go to the event again.

He said: "I regret it now taking my children there.

"A sword was drawn. I can't recall.. if anybody was attacked with a sword, but I did moments later see a Sikh man sheathing that sword again.

"There was obviously scuffling, fighting. Grown men were carrying big sticks - it was a nasty experience."

ooops

Milan.
    It's never failed to amaze me that if I carry a dagger in public, I get done for possessing an offensive weapon yet apparently Sikhs can carry the same item as a ceremonial religious item. What happened to the 'one law for all' philosophy?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    started a topic Punch Up in the Park

Punch Up in the Park

oh dear...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ds/6582373.stm

'Police closed Handsworth Park in Birmingham after trouble flared at the Vaisakhi event, held as part of Sikh new year celebrations.

Jay Singh, who went with his wife and two young sons, said he probably would not go to the event again.

He said: "I regret it now taking my children there.

"A sword was drawn. I can't recall.. if anybody was attacked with a sword, but I did moments later see a Sikh man sheathing that sword again.

"There was obviously scuffling, fighting. Grown men were carrying big sticks - it was a nasty experience."

ooops

Milan.

Working...
X