• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Marie Celeste II

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Marie Celeste II"

Collapse

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    That deserted yacht for a moment - perhaps one of the guys fell overboard and couldn't swim, the other two jumped in to save him, but in their hurry forgot to put the ladder down. So they couldn't climb back onboard.
    That was my initial thought, they're reacting the movie Adrift. Adrift II, coming to a news channel near you very soon.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiki
    In the television series Babylon 5 the The Vree' s appearance lead descendents of human abduction victims to take legal action against them.
    "His great great grandfather abducted my great great grandmother and...."

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Aha!

Maybe they were Greys in Greyshark chameleon suits!
    (Gasps!) What a cunning plan!

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied
    No, not sharks - the 'Greys'. Or to zeity, the competition.
    I knew that.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    Grey shark? Actually the area where they went misisng is notorious for pirates so I'd say they would be dead by now.
    No, not sharks - the 'Greys'. Or to zeity, the competition.

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied
    That deserted yacht for a moment - perhaps one of the guys fell overboard and couldn't swim, the other two jumped in to save him, but in their hurry forgot to put the ladder down. So they couldn't climb back onboard.

But it was probably the Greys.
    Grey shark? Actually the area where they went misisng is notorious for pirates so I'd say they would be dead by now.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied

But it was probably the Greys.

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    Is Loughborough still a dump? I lived near there for 2 years - Belton (nr shepshed)

Oh, yes, Leicestershire's w@nkhole, par excellence. I blame it on all the students here, especially the foreign ones (i.e. those that don't come from Loughborough)

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied
    Is Loughborough still a dump? I lived near there for 2 years - Belton (nr shepshed)

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    Actually I read an interesting article about the MC giving quite a plausible reason for the crew 'disappearing'. Apparently the ship showed signs of sinking so they jumped into a lifeboat tied to the ship and waited to see if it would sink or not. The rope snapped and they were seperated. Sayonara Mary Celeste crew. All the stuff about half full wine glasses etc was just urban myth. Sorry to ruin the story. Don't hate me.

They could have been picked up by an Iranian gunboat. You know how cr@p Iranian sat-navs are!

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied
    Actually I read an interesting article about the MC giving quite a plausible reason for the crew 'disappearing'. Apparently the ship showed signs of sinking so they jumped into a lifeboat tied to the ship and waited to see if it would sink or not. The rope snapped and they were seperated. Sayonara Mary Celeste crew. All the stuff about half full wine glasses etc was just urban myth. Sorry to ruin the story. Don't hate me.

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/6574547.stm

Those fecking Greys are at it again...
    that's a pretty cool story

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    started a topic Marie Celeste II

Marie Celeste II

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/6574547.stm