• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "TV show tonight (8.00pm) for all you renters / non landlords"

Collapse

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    A friend bought a newbuild less than 2 years ago and is looking to sell it to downsize, hoping to make about 70 grand clear profit after mortgage paid off and bought a newish smaller house the other side of town that's much cheaper, possibly due to overhead power lines and the largely unknown/proven health implications. Someone else recently sold a same design house on same site as his so he knows what some mug is willing to pay.

Was thinking about how I'd had to work my balls off for 2 years to save similar pots of dosh and along he comes making some easy money.

If there is a proper crash or serious reduction in house prices I'm going to be sat waiting to cash in next time. Hindsight and all that.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by lws
    I thought the two teachers only started buying in 2002?
    2002 BC

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by lws
    Oh, I thought you were on about my mum.

Leave a comment:

• lws
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Yeah, but many of the houses were bought years ago for £100s, now they're worth £100,000s. Maybe paper, but it's still bigger piles of it!.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by lws
    Heh, "owns". By their own admission their rental yields were low, and they are relying purely on capital gains. It's nothing but paper money.

Oh, and isn't the Eurostar station in Ashford closing?
    Yeah, but many of the houses were bought years ago for £100s, now they're worth £100,000s. Maybe paper, but it's still bigger piles of it!.

Leave a comment:

• lws
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    You might think it's tulip, but what about the asian family who bought 2 council flats for 50p each, had the council renovate them and then are sitting on £160,000?

Or the school teacher who now owns 700 BTL houses worth over £160,000,000

Better than contracting!!!
    Heh, "owns". By their own admission their rental yields were low, and they are relying purely on capital gains. It's nothing but paper money.

Oh, and isn't the Eurostar station in Ashford closing?

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    If only we had hundreds of people like her
    our houses would be worth millions

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    You might think it's tulip, but what about the asian family who bought 2 council flats for 50p each, had the council renovate them and then are sitting on £160,000?

Yes but it was the dude that said "i was working in my office in monaco....when I got a call from"...

Just wasnt very interesting

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    You know I don't like you to mention my mum on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Been watching this...its tulip.

Leave a comment:

• TV show tonight (8.00pm) for all you renters / non landlords

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsSe...ails_popup.jsp

Working...
X