• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "They like their effigies don't they?"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    As it was in the UK until about 1885...
    Indeed
    In the 1860s the age of consent was twelve years old. Some people such as Josephine Butler and Barbara Bodichon were concerned that young girls were being sold to brothels. They became involved in the campaign against the white slave trade and in 1875 the House of Commons agreed to raise the age of consent to thirteen.

Campaigners were not satisfied with this change and continued to argue for further reform. In 1885 William Stead and Bramwell Booth of the Salvation Army joined forces to expose what they believed was an increase in child prostitution. In July 1885, Stead purchased Eliza Armstrong, a thirteen year-old daughter of a chimney-sweep, to show how easy it was to procure young girls for prostitution. Stead published an account of his investigations in the Pall Mall Gazette entitled Maiden Tribute of Modern Babylon.

In September, William Stead and five others were charged with unlawfully kidnapping a minor and committed for trial at the Old Bailey. Stead was found guilty and was imprisoned for three months in Holloway Gaol. As a result of the publicity that the Armstrong case generated, Parliament in 1885 passed the Criminal Law Amendment Act that raised the age of consent from thirteen to sixteen, strengthened existing legislation against prostitution and proscribed all homosexual relations.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxamus
    Troll

You are confusing crime with culture. Crime is committed in every part of the world. It has from day one and will till the end of all things. The examples you have posted show what humankind do to themselves.

If i was to say that peadaphiles stem from the culture/society in the UK then i would be gravely wrong and thats exactly what your doing.
    Nope
    You said
    Now the UK has lost all its values and what you have is sex available on the streets, 12year olds pushing prams, fathers abusing their children, perverts looking up school kids.......

At least some countries have kept their values.
    I responded with examples of what is also happening in India so it would appear that India has also lost its values. I also noted that the activities you state are considered illegal in the UK thus they do not represent our values

In some parts of the world it is culturally acceptable to wed & have sex with 13 year olds thus it is legal

Legality comes from culturally accepted norms, accepted norms come from the wishes of the majority

Thus if over half of the children in India are being sexually abused it follows that this is the norm in India, therefore you and your kin are nothing but a bunch of kiddie fiddling paedos erupting into false indignation over a kiss

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Troll

You are confusing crime with culture. Crime is committed in every part of the world. It has from day one and will till the end of all things. The examples you have posted show what humankind do to themselves.

If i was to say that peadaphiles stem from the culture/society in the UK then i would be gravely wrong and thats exactly what your doing.
    Christ on a fecking bike!

Leave a comment:

• Maxamus
    replied
    Troll

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    There is crime everywhere in the world but you can't blame the culture
    What defines a crime then?

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Are all these equally not legal activities in the UK?
    There is crime everywhere in the world but you can't blame the culture

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    erm I think you are confusing crime with culture
    Are all these equally not legal activities in the UK?
    Now the UK has lost all its values and what you have is sex available on the streets, 12year olds pushing prams, fathers abusing their children, perverts looking up school kids.......

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    These vaues?
    Nice culture

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    calm down you mofos and think before you post you friggin self rightious bastards.

Open affection (such as kissing) is not tolerated in India. Thats the way it is. I can think of alot of other countries which it is aswell. Thats their culture and tradition and they have every right to protect it!

Its like that in most parts of the east. Open affection between a man and a women should be carried out in their own privacy. To be honest with you, it was like that in the UK up until 1850'ish. Now the UK has lost all its values and what you have is sex available on the streets, 12year olds pushing prams, fathers abusing their children, perverts looking up school kids.......

These vaues?
    As 17 dismembered bodies were pulled out of a storm drain in Noida, an affluent suburb of New Delhi, it emerged that the dead—six boys and 11 girls and young women had been kidnapped raped and murdered.
    Nice culture
    More than half of Indian children have been sexually abused, according to a government survey that has prompted calls for tighter laws and mandatory sex education in schools.

The survey, by the newly formed Ministry of Women and Child Development, found that 53.22 per cent of children between 5 and 18 years old had suffered sexual abuse, ranging from forced kissing to rape. The study was the first attempt to document the extent of child abuse in a country where it is viewed largely as a Western phenomenon and where discussion of sexual matters is still strictly taboo.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    I thought he was a Budhist.
    Maybe all Buddhists like gerbils up the ar*e?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Indeed.
    I thought he was a Budhist.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I thought he batted for the other side?

The gerbil side

Leave a comment:

• cykophysh39
    replied
    calm down you mofos and think before you post you friggin self rightious bastards.

Open affection (such as kissing) is not tolerated in India. Thats the way it is. I can think of alot of other countries which it is aswell. Thats their culture and tradition and they have every right to protect it!

Its like that in most parts of the east. Open affection between a man and a women should be carried out in their own privacy. To be honest with you, it was like that in the UK up until 1850'ish. Now the UK has lost all its values and what you have is sex available on the streets, 12year olds pushing prams, fathers abusing their children, perverts looking up school kids.......

Atleast some countries have kept their values.
    I can see where you're heading with this, and in some ways I tend to agree with you, but it other ways it is a clash of cultures and if this type of thing can lead to show of extremism as shown by the people here, then what hope have we got for world peace if the smallest thing can spark off riots!!

Leave a comment:

• Maxamus
    replied

Atleast some countries have kept their values.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X