• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Being poorly...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Being poorly..."

Collapse

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope
    Thing is if you're feeling ill, being at work is as good a place as any. At home, you're not enjoying yourself anyway, plus:

* You have to suffer daytime TV
    * Being 'looked after' by wife + kids.

I'll take being at work thanks.
    buy sky + and a dvd player - get with it.
    give you wife and kids £100 and tell them to have a nice day out.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Being poorly sucks when you're a contractor.

I feel like crap today - got a stingy eyes, snotty nose, aching body type cold

If I was a permie I'd have rang in sick, and I'd be tucked up in bed with my PJ's on, snuggled under the duvet watching chick flicks all day

Stupid daily rate
    Sally, you are always ill, you need to look at your lifestyle?

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Thing is if you're feeling ill, being at work is as good a place as any. At home, you're not enjoying yourself anyway, plus:

* You have to suffer daytime TV
    * Being 'looked after' by wife + kids.

I'll take being at work thanks.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Ah SA if only you knew what I really look like. It's nice being thought of as ugly for a change.

I'm sure you're an utter sex god Sas

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yes, and let this be a warning kids - too much charlie and champers wil make you look like this!
    Ah SA if only you knew what I really look like. It's nice being thought of as ugly for a change.

Leave a comment:

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    Yeah cause you know me that well
    well if you start a post because your ill and you don't fancy going in then the only reason can be money. As you said if you were permie you would take time off. Lifes too short. Go home, take tomorrow off and maybe Friday and then come back in on Monday feeling 100%.
    I always factor in at least 5 days sickness a year.

Leave a comment:

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    What's wrong with you lot? It's just money, money money. When I was a contractor I used to take time for off the massive hangovers caused by meeting Charlie and drinking champagne with him. Tsk - youth of today!
    I agree. I take time off to play tennis at raynes park during the week with a friend of mine who does spread betting for a living. tennis in the morning, followed by a nice lunch on the river (richmond) and then maybe a round of golf afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    What's wrong with you lot? It's just money, money money. When I was a contractor I used to take time for off the massive hangovers caused by meeting Charlie and drinking champagne with him. Tsk - youth of today!
    Yes, and let this be a warning kids - too much charlie and champers wil make you look like this!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    SA, Milan told me he reckons you just need a stiff c0ck up your arse!

He said it works for him......

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRightStuff
    sally seems to be the worst
    Yeah cause you know me that well

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    That's why they never take holidays either. Just think of the cost of the holiday and the money lost by having a week or two off!

Leave a comment:

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy
    Yes they are!
    sally seems to be the worst

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRightStuff
    If I'm not well I now just take the day off and nip it in the bud. I used to try to come in but then things sometimes got worse and ended up taking 2/3 days off instead. Are you guys really that tight?
    Yes they are!

Leave a comment:

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    Being poorly sucks when you're a contractor.

I feel like crap today - got a stingy eyes, snotty nose, aching body type cold

If I was a permie I'd have rang in sick, and I'd be tucked up in bed with my PJ's on, snuggled under the duvet watching chick flicks all day

Stupid daily rate
    If I'm not well I now just take the day off and nip it in the bud. I used to try to come in but then things sometimes got worse and ended up taking 2/3 days off instead. Are you guys really that tight?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X