• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Selfish bint

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Selfish bint"

Collapse

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Not So Wise
    is it not possible to store the eggs unfertilised
    According to this morning's paper, yes but it wasn't widely available at the time.
    Even now there is less of a chance for unfertilised frozen eggs to form embryos than for fertilised ones to fully form, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Always been of two minds about this case and it's the laws relating to child support that ultimately make me side the with the man

While she herself might have waived any claims of financial support it is my understanding that the CSA could disregard this and force him to pay at anytime.

If this was not the case I would have sided with her

Though Dispensable raises the one question that I always end up asking, is it not possible to store the eggs unfertilised? If it is to me I would make more sence to always store them unfertilised as no one knows what might change in a relationship tomorrow never mind years down the road

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    I think this is a difficult case
    Its an open and shut case. Being a man you have no rights - only fanancial obligations. These obligations can come via the court or CSA - I know of guys who had both.

If the courts put the rights of the child first instead of the rights of the woman, this man **might** have let her have the child.

For the sake of balance I would like to add that women are still largely more discrimated against then men. But if they want more rights in the workplace they will have to relinquish rights in the home.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Was it not possible for her to get some eggs frozen that hadn't yet been fertilized?

Having been married previously you'd think she'd have recognised the chance of this marriage failing (as it has) and taken proper steps if she's that bothered about becoming a mother of her own child.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "The fact that she has taken this to court, in my book, suggests she's a nut job. if you desperately wants kids, adopt. or find a new father. Dont try and force an ex into being a dad - that just screams manipulative controlling cow to me like."

I thought the crux of this case was that she was unable to have kids due to having had cancer treatment and that these eggs were fertilised and stored for later use. Therefore she cannot simply find another father as she does not have the ability to have a kid, and that the only eggs she has have already been fertilised. I think this is a difficult case and can see why she progressed it so far. As it was her ONLY chance to have a kid of her own then I don't see how this marks her out as being a manipulative controlling cow. I think the correct decision has probably been made but i can understand why she took the case so far.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    I think he should have let her have the kid, I would have. This was her ONLY chance to have a child that was hers. She had already waived any financial or other obligations from him in relation to the kid. He was not being asked to be 'weekend dad'. He could have carried on as he was.
    The case was initially on legal aid but latest appeal was done 'pro bono' from the legal firm.
    This would have been an easy way to ensure gene survival for himself. Yes, the kid could have turned up 16 years later but life is full of complications and it is better to embrace them, they make things more interesting and we would miss them if there weren't any !
    Sounds like the kind of spiteful reactions couples have when they break-up, usually women trying to hurt the bloke using anything they can - bleed him dry, stop him seeing the kids, cut his clothes up etc.
    Ah luke - you should learn to protect that nice nature you have there. Some evil b*tch will rip it right out from you if you're not careful.

Which reminds me - I must PM you and find out the latest goss

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    I think he should have let her have the kid, I would have. This was her ONLY chance to have a child that was hers. She had already waived any financial or other obligations from him in relation to the kid. He was not being asked to be 'weekend dad'. He could have carried on as he was.
    The case was initially on legal aid but latest appeal was done 'pro bono' from the legal firm.
    This would have been an easy way to ensure gene survival for himself. Yes, the kid could have turned up 16 years later but life is full of complications and it is better to embrace them, they make things more interesting and we would miss them if there weren't any !
    Sounds like the kind of spiteful reactions couples have when they break-up, usually women trying to hurt the bloke using anything they can - bleed him dry, stop him seeing the kids, cut his clothes up etc.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Actually I recon you're another persona of SupremeSpod / Fiddleabout / Churchill / ....

ffs!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Well that is a very scientific test, so I guess you're right
    Actually I recon you're another persona of SupremeSpod / Fiddleabout / Churchill / ....

Leave a comment:

• larry
    replied
    She was married twice before meeting the third guy who won his right to have embryos destroyed.

Tough.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Mine is Caged Bird, Julia Fordham I have to sing it an octave or so lower, but I still get to show off my vocal range.
    You must sound like an angel - with a mouth full of pie!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Gotcha, you're not a girl at all are you...
    Well that is a very scientific test, so I guess you're right

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I dont know that one - sing a bit...
    Gotcha, you're not a girl at all are you...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Mine is Caged Bird, Julia Fordham
    I dont know that one - sing a bit...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    My favourite kareoke song
    Mine is Caged Bird, Julia Fordham I have to sing it an octave or so lower, but I still get to show off my vocal range.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X