• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Creme Egg

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Creme Egg"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I prefer chickens eggs, fried with a selection of dead pig, especially after a hard night spent ridding the world of beer!

Leave a comment:

• weboo
    replied
    Gonna have to go nick another egg off someone who has gone home, left the bloody thing on the pc over lunch - its no longer oval

So you lot sell yourselves for £40 quid, go out on a tenner and manage to get wan^&*d, know when it was invented, sleep with each others wives, have so much time that you manage to experiment with liquid nitrogen

I luv it!!!

SallyAnne, love the story
    SasGuru - it may not be the arse that was aching, could be the jaw ya know

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    No for!

as in 'to get a'

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    "Yes she most certainly is and in the most surprising ways. Amazing what a surprise holiday does"

but not nearly as suprising as what she will do for a creme egg!

with

hth.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Yes she most certainly is and in the most surprising ways. Amazing what a surprise holiday does"

but not nearly as suprising as what she will do for a creme egg!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Good job YOURS is!
    Yes she most certainly is and in the most surprising ways. Amazing what a surprise holiday does

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Oh Dear! Not on form today SB. What's the matter, missus not putting out?
    Good job YOURS is!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Is that all YOU charge for being such a pain in the arse then SG? You need an agent, you are clearly underselling your abilities!

Oh Dear! Not on form today SB. What's the matter, missus not putting out?

Leave a comment:

• BOBJ
    replied
    I've just finished a contract at a major bank. In the run up to the tax year end they had a campaign for branch staff to generate more business for the financial advisers. The reward was, er, one creme egg per lead generated. What a great incentive....

I'm not worrying about IR35, we got given three and I put them down as fuel

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Did you have a sharp pain in your backside? That would explain the £40.
    Is that all YOU charge for being such a pain in the arse then SG? You need an agent, you are clearly underselling your abilities!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Many moons ago I was a civil servant (Cobol programmer, ITSA), and we got a free half day on Maunday Thursday (today) which we always spent at the pub.

This particular year I was absulutely skint - I was only on about £12k a year, had just moved in with a lad, really strapped for cash, so I only managed to take a tenner out to the pub with me. No cash card, no spare change, just a solitary £10.

So we left work at 11, headed straight into Newcastle to the first trebles bar we came to, and started knocking them back like there was no tomorrow!
    I remember doing a time check at 1:30 - absolutely mortal, and no money left.

My mate John (who was a contractor) said he'd get me a few beers in, so we all headed off to the club the civil service had hired for us that afternoon.

Next thing I knew (and seriously, next thing I knew - I've still to this day got no memories AT ALL) I woke up in my house at 10:45 the next day.

I couldn't remember gettign home, I couldn't remember the afternoon, I didn't know where I'd been, who I'd seen - nothing!
    The jeans I'd been wearing were lying on the floor, and when I picked them up I realised there was a purple stain all the way down one leg, I had £40 in notes in my pocket, and a cream egg! No other change in my pocket, no other clues!

About 6 weeks later my mate John came into work with a credit card bill - it seemed we had been for a chinese that afternoon (phew - the stain was plum sauce! ) but again, to this day I have no idea what so ever of where the money or cream egg came from.
    Did you have a sharp pain in your backside? That would explain the £40.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack
    I am the Thread Killer - twisted Thread Killer!
    Sorry, I am. Check out the threads. I've asked lots of questions and am simply ignored. Brain the size of a planet...

Marvin.

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    ...but again, to this day I have no idea what so ever of where the cream egg came from.
    I bet I know where it ended up...

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Many moons ago I was a civil servant (Cobol programmer, ITSA), and we got a free half day on Maunday Thursday (today) which we always spent at the pub.

This particular year I was absulutely skint - I was only on about £12k a year, had just moved in with a lad, really strapped for cash, so I only managed to take a tenner out to the pub with me. No cash card, no spare change, just a solitary £10.

So we left work at 11, headed straight into Newcastle to the first trebles bar we came to, and started knocking them back like there was no tomorrow!
    I remember doing a time check at 1:30 - absolutely mortal, and no money left.

My mate John (who was a contractor) said he'd get me a few beers in, so we all headed off to the club the civil service had hired for us that afternoon.

Next thing I knew (and seriously, next thing I knew - I've still to this day got no memories AT ALL) I woke up in my house at 10:45 the next day.

I couldn't remember gettign home, I couldn't remember the afternoon, I didn't know where I'd been, who I'd seen - nothing!
    The jeans I'd been wearing were lying on the floor, and when I picked them up I realised there was a purple stain all the way down one leg, I had £40 in notes in my pocket, and a cream egg! No other change in my pocket, no other clues!

About 6 weeks later my mate John came into work with a credit card bill - it seemed we had been for a chinese that afternoon (phew - the stain was plum sauce! ) but again, to this day I have no idea what so ever of where the money or cream egg came from.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I am the Thread Killer - twisted Thread Killer!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X