• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone here do any mounting biking ?"

Collapse

• ratewhore
    replied
    I got a Giant Yukon. 300 notes not bad for front sus and disc brakes.

Would still like to splash out on a full susser though...

Leave a comment:

• Mervalous
    replied
    The halfords top of the range one at £500 is supposed to be very highly specced and rated!

Something or other Fury

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I've got a Trek 6500 (2000 model) I'd love to buy another but bikes just don't hold their value and it cost me £650 at the time, I've only just worn the the little moulding pimples off the tyres.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Got a Marin East Peak - I very much doubt it is worth the money but I just really wanted it and I'm a contractor - you know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Nah, that set of races are only 70 minutes long. I do over 2 hours everyday riding to and from clients, and currently I'm on Gran Canaria going up and down the local volcano for my morning and evening exercise.

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    thanks threaded, and good luck with the race, which sort is it ??
    A Crucifixion (considered as)?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    It's mountain biking in the woods, but nothing too bad, it is Denmark after all, and most hills are man made. So, I'll be using a rigid 29er.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Yeps. My first race of this season is on April 11th at the Tysk Plantation if anyone wishes to come and cheer on Team Threaded.

I have a variety of bikes and they are all for quite specific conditions.

But for £1000 you can't do better than get in touch with Ben Cooper at Kinetics and see if he'll do you a Rohloff hub into a On-One inbred.
    thanks threaded, and good luck with the race, which sort is it ??

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Why would you want to mount a bike? I know you're a gooner but this really is sick.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    inbred !!

we got enough of those round here as it is

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Yeps. My first race of this season is on April 11th at the Tysk Plantation if anyone wishes to come and cheer on Team Threaded.

I have a variety of bikes and they are all for quite specific conditions.

But for £1000 you can't do better than get in touch with Ben Cooper at Kinetics and see if he'll do you a Rohloff hub into a On-One inbred.

Leave a comment:

• Ennui
    replied
    I saw this about the government sponsored cycle to work schemes.

Anyone tried this?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Mounting bikes

Originally posted by n5gooner
    Thinking of getting a new bike, currently have a Marin road bike, which I'll be keeping, but thinking of getting a new mountin bike, hard tail, anyone got and recomendations ?? Looking to spend around £1000.
    Are you after a college bike or a company bike?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    started a topic Anyone here do any mounting biking ?

Anyone here do any mounting biking ?

Thinking of getting a new bike, currently have a Marin road bike, which I'll be keeping, but thinking of getting a new mountin bike, hard tail, anyone got and recomendations ?? Looking to spend around £1000.

Working...
X