• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Most Embarrasing Interview Moments: Confessions Please."

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    At one place, my boss and another chap went off to interview a chap who they collected from the very busy reception. He was in a wheelchair but they didn't want to be impolite and set about telling him all about the company and asking him about finding the place etc.
    It was a support role which would involve a bit of humping around and they delicately got onto the subject of how he thought he would cope with the more physical aspects of the role.
    I am not expecting that to be a problem he says, as I am here to do a VAT inspection - ouch they had wheeled away the wrong chap who was still sat there !!!

And as for the humping around - how are you getting on with that girl?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by chef
    i was one of 3 giving interviews once, there turned up this tulipe contractor who the other 2 put up with interviewing, i decided as it was getting on in the afternoon i wouldnt waste my time and went to the local instead of interviewing the muppet.. turned the lights off on the way out and left

I wonder how long it took him to realise?

Top post!

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    At one place, my boss and another chap went off to interview a chap who they collected from the very busy reception. He was in a wheelchair but they didn't want to be impolite and set about telling him all about the company and asking him about finding the place etc.
    It was a support role which would involve a bit of humping around and they delicately got onto the subject of how he thought he would cope with the more physical aspects of the role.
    I am not expecting that to be a problem he says, as I am here to do a VAT inspection - ouch they had wheeled away the wrong chap who was still sat there !!!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Interviewed this bird once, she had short hair and was dressed like a bloke but her flies were open and there was no sign of a c*ck. So we knew she was a bird and gave her the job.

Leave a comment:

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    4 yrs’ ago I went for a permie interview with Rover. I asked a question about Rover’s long-term future to the panel, consisting of an old boy from the Red Robbo days, and a smart young (attractive) female exec. The old boy replied “Hmm, well, let me see. I think our cocks are on the chopping blocks”. The exec didn’t know where to look. I got through the initial selection, but didn’t go back.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Diestl
    Had to interview this Scottish Guy once, immediately on meeting him it was obvious he was some kind of moron, he then started swearing during the interview!!, after telling him he hadn't got the job he still turned up day after day!!!.

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Had to interview this Scottish Guy once, immediately on meeting him it was obvious he was some kind of moron, he then started swearing during the interview!!, after telling him he hadn't got the job he still turned up day after day!!!.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    i was one of 3 giving interviews once, there turned up this tulipe contractor who the other 2 put up with interviewing, i decided as it was getting on in the afternoon i wouldnt waste my time and went to the local instead of interviewing the muppet.. turned the lights off on the way out and left

I wonder how long it took him to realise?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    I would call that plain stupid.
    A folly of youth

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I had to interview 10 people for a graduate scheme (assesment day). In the opening gambit I said "don't worry, as long as you havent written the presentation 'My Greatest Achievement' on your degree you will be fine."

7 of the 10 had done just that.....

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I went for an interview at CSFB in Docklands a few years ago - I had to see 3 different people on the same afternoon in one of the boardrooms. I saw one, then saw another, waited for the third. After half an hour I went out to see what was going on - they'd all gone home and switched the lights off.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Went for a graduate job and swore in the interview (Said something like: sh!t like that, can't remember exactly). I put that down to being Scottish - as in the you know you're scottish when you can construct a sentence using only swear words.

Kicked myself afterwards thinking I'd blown it and to my surprise got the job. First day in I discovered my manager, and interviewer, swore like a trooper. Still wonder if I got it because I said sh!t or due to my impressive resume and vibrant personality.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    I had a permie interview for a graduate job after a week long bender including a couple of graduation balls, it happened to be the hottest day in London for many a year and I got there just in time after a few hours sleep. Proceeded to shake and sweat my way through a very embarrasing and short interview. I didn't get the job.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    I confess to sitting for over an hour in an interview and when I left the room I relaised my flies had been open all the time! I got the gig!

And you have the cheek to call me!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Went to an interview for a technical role, client wanted some one for a management position. After blushes all round we both realised that we'd been screwed by an idiotic pimp who was just saying whatever each party wanted to hear.

Another one was for a role for a design company to finish off their client/server accounting app. After hearing that the app had been written by an "enthusiastic amateur" from the accounts department and with the problems with it sounding like a complete rewrite was probably in order, I gave my excuses and left.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X