• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hawkwind on BBC4 on Friday..."

Collapse

• pisces
    replied
    I think they repeat these.

It was an OK rockumentary but felt it spent too much time concentrating on the 71-74 period. Also I never realised just how far gone Rob Calvert was, yet another great example of where genius marries madness.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Didn't watch it. Still waiting for a torrent to appear....

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Dave Brock refused to appear because Nik Turner was appearing . All things considered, they should have just dropped Nik Turner. You can't tell the story of Hawkwind without Dave Brock.

Sam Fox? "I am the master of the universe". WTF?

Interesting documentary. I'm sure I've seen something like this on Hawkwind before. I remember Lemmy saying something like "I was never officially in the band. I was asked to fill in for one gig and I ended up staying for seven years".

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Them aliens that turned monkeys into men, built some pyramids and did a runner.

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Hall of the Mountain Grill and Warrior on the Edge of Time... classic...

Best of all: Roadhawks...
    I'm still partial to Electric Teepee. Their performance of that at one of their all nighters in Brixton in the early 90s was spectacular. At least it was to my fried brain at the time...

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    I've seen them live a few times, they've ranged from the truly sublime to utterly boring (literally fell asleep at the back of a Brixton Acadamy all nighter once - being off my face was partly responsible)

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I saw them a few years back in Oxford, but they were all trance-y. Good, but it may as well not have been a live band, if you know what I mean.

I much prefer the days of "Levitation" and "Chronicles of the Black Sword" - two of my favourite albums. Although you'd have to say the "true" Hawkwind was the days of "Doremi Fasol Latido".

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan
    "Your android replica's playing up again. When she comes she moans another's name.."

That's the spirit of the age

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    "Your android replica's playing up again. When she comes she moans another's name.."

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up, somebody bump this on Friday in case I'm too stoned to remember

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    If you like HW then there's quite a good listserv: BOC-L out there about them (and BÖC)

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    The famous Stephen Hawkwind...

This should offend everyone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjHycU6u14k

Just watched the video - ******* MINT!

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    For all those old acid rockers in the congregation, there's a prog on the History of Hawkwind on BBC4 on Friday at 9 p.m.

Dave Brock et al.

Though I don't suppose Bob Calvert will be contributing much.
    I always liked Hawkwind. I'll record it, if I'm out.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    I heard that Dave Brock won't be contributing either as he had a disagreement with the film makers. Kind of makes it a bit worthless if he's not involved. Will still watch anyway...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X