• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "'Tesco jails’ and more DNA testing planned'"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    There is already a high number of false prosecutions for shoplifting,
    I thought shoplifting had now joined the ranks of offences punished by 'on the spot fines' - our criminal classes have worked out that for a fine of £80 - as long as they shoplift at least £150 of goods then they are quids in

Leave a comment:

• The Farmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    Well, the People get the Government they Voted For....

Look to me like we are going to see a real hornet's nest of unpleasant little laws curtailing personal freedoms being frantically passed before the next looming General Election.

A case of "get 'em in quick", before they chuck us out.

I suspect the Labourazi's think "If we stay in, then great. If not, the Cons are lumbered with the problem..."

Win-Win for the Social Fascists.

Mark my words, the next thing will be "Home Audit of your Carbon Footprint" where an inspector will assess your lifestlye, ask to see energy usage, utility bills, etc. This will create a Home Footprint Index. Homes that exceed some arbitary figure will see Council Tax increased. Homes that fall within the parameters, will see no Council Tax rise until the audit the following year. It will be sold as "Do you bit to save the planet..and save money on Council Tax too !"
    They were talking about this on the Politics show tonight.

People (in theory) will be able to sell part of their carbon allowance as a commodity.

Those who need to fly etc on business will be prepared to pay for a higher allowance.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Well, the People get the Government they Voted For....

Look to me like we are going to see a real hornet's nest of unpleasant little laws curtailing personal freedoms being frantically passed before the next looming General Election.

A case of "get 'em in quick", before they chuck us out.

I suspect the Labourazi's think "If we stay in, then great. If not, the Cons are lumbered with the problem..."

Win-Win for the Social Fascists.

Mark my words, the next thing will be "Home Audit of your Carbon Footprint" where an inspector will assess your lifestlye, ask to see energy usage, utility bills, etc. This will create a Home Footprint Index. Homes that exceed some arbitary figure will see Council Tax increased. Homes that fall within the parameters, will see no Council Tax rise until the audit the following year. It will be sold as "Do you bit to save the planet..and save money on Council Tax too !"

Leave a comment:

• wonderwaif
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    It's not just any jail, it's an M&S jail.

The retail jail thing is just a flimsy cover for the real purpose, to give the police the final powers they need to assemble a national DNA database by force, with no right of appeal.

The accused was 'wearing a loud shirt in a built up area' your honour.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    That's why mums go to iceland Jail

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    It's not just any jail, it's an M&S jail.

The retail jail thing is just a flimsy cover for the real purpose, to give the police the final powers they need to assemble a national DNA database by force, with no right of appeal.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Tesco Jails

Apparently they're going to give a clubcard so you get a discount. Plus convict one, get one free....and other inane comparisons.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    big brother!!!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    shoplifters of the world...

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    There is already a high number of false prosecutions for shoplifting, this will make it worse.

How about some legislation and quick punishment for supermarkets who overcharge.

How about some legislation and quick punishment for corrupt politicians, city dealers and corrupt bankers.

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    wrong wrong wrong wrong

Leave a comment:

• oloks
    started a topic 'Tesco jails’ and more DNA testing planned'

'Tesco jails’ and more DNA testing planned'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1517389.ece

Just get me out of here......this is scary..!!

Working...
X