• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's quiet out there..."

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "All Day Breakfast"

Who are you? Who are you?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot
    or at least prohibit HGVs from overtaking during peak hours.
    Already thought about that one - it wouldn't work, you would have a wall of HGV's on the inside lane - making it impossible to join or leave the motorway
    Last edited by Troll; 12 March 2007, 19:40.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    I use this section as well - it occurs to me that the only way to alleviate congestion is to prohibit HGV's from the motorway system between peak hours of 06:30 - 08:30 & 16:00 - 18:00
    or at least prohibit HGVs from overtaking during peak hours.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    At the moment its flexible... varies between 9.30am and 10.30am like today (nice weather so I had some croissants in a cafe on my way to work)...

Some people here start at 11-12ish, boss isn't in until 10am, some work later, some dont... most work from home 2-3 days a week... (I'm currently permie).

Leave a comment:

• Jawz .
    replied
    8am is the time I arrive at work, work itself usually starts between 10 and 11 depending on state of sobriety and/or mental state.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Me too. When I'm onsite I'm up by 5:30, out by 6:00, in by 07:00 or so - just to beat the worst of the M25 western section.
    I use this section as well - it occurs to me that the only way to alleviate congestion is to prohibit HGV's from the motorway system between peak hours of 06:30 - 08:30 & 16:00 - 18:00

Leave a comment:

• All_Day_Breakfast
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    I start at 9. Unlike the other two, I do not like early mornings and have a life.
    Last post Sunday 22:45, nest post Monday 08:20

I rest my case m'lud - I'm surprised you have time to sleep

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall
    In by 8 and leave at 4, I hope you are on an hourly rate !? Get up at 6:30, out the door by 6:50, every 5 minutes extra in bed or faffing costs me dearly in traffic jams.
    Me too. When I'm onsite I'm up by 5:30, out by 6:00, in by 07:00 or so - just to beat the worst of the M25 western section.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
    it all depends what time you leave. I finish at 4pm - will stay later if an issue but have not done that for many months now. I am home at 4:45 so get to go for a walk with the kids.
    In by 8 and leave at 4, I hope you are on an hourly rate !? Get up at 6:30, out the door by 6:50, every 5 minutes extra in bed or faffing costs me dearly in traffic jams.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Usually in at 06:45 & home by 16:00

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    I start at 9. Unlike the other two, I do not like early mornings and have a life.
    it all depends what time you leave. I finish at 4pm - will stay later if an issue but have not done that for many months now. I am home at 4:45 so get to go for a walk with the kids.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I start at 6:30 - but start on user issues firsat. Not sure why - anyone would think they pay my wages or something.

Leave a comment:

• Back In Business
    replied
    I'm in before 7 but I actually attempt to get some work done before the force of the WWW takes hold.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    started a topic It's quiet out there...

It's quiet out there...

...too quiet

What time do all you loafers start in the morning?

Working...
X