• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Importing CD's into iTunes...."

Collapse

• kirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    Then surely there isn't a quicker way. It can't read your CDs without you putting them into your computer...
    yes but it's still slow; 24x playing it I guess but hey, we live in an instant world

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by kirk
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing - it takes aggggggeeeeeessssss though
    Then surely there isn't a quicker way. It can't read your CDs without you putting them into your computer...

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    Originally posted by foritisme
    Itunes works much like media player - open it up, insert a cd and it will automatically rip. No problems dragging folders into Itunes, except I did have a problem once with an invalid file name. Not sure if it was a character it didn't like or the length of the name, anyway Itunes just stopped importing at that point. Had to manually find the name causing trouble and rename it.
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing - it takes aggggggeeeeeessssss though

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    Itunes works much like media player - open it up, insert a cd and it will automatically rip. No problems dragging folders into Itunes, except I did have a problem once with an invalid file name. Not sure if it was a character it didn't like or the length of the name, anyway Itunes just stopped importing at that point. Had to manually find the name causing trouble and rename it.

Leave a comment:

• velo
    replied
    I imported a huge number of cds and took an age I couldn't find a quicker way, if really took forever like a couple of weeks.

I make sure I have a backup you should too.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Get http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/ and the Lame encoder. That gives you complete control over how you want to encode yer CDs and then they can be imported into iTunes.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Ctrl - A and drag them into iTunes? Although this is only helpful to a point. You'll still need to create the playlists and then drag one album at a time...

Leave a comment:

• Back In Business
    replied
    Get itunes 7.1 if you are using vista. If you got a mac . . . well then that's a feature.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    does not seem to work...
    Oh Dear.

Who's a bear of very little brain, then?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Back In Business
    Add the folder(s) instead??

does not seem to work...

Leave a comment:

• Back In Business
    replied
    Add the folder(s) instead??

"Add folder to library"

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I've got 100's of MP3, and I want to import them into iTunes, but can only do one track at a time which is crap!!!! Is there a quicker way ?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I use windoze meejah playa to convert to MP3

set to auto-rip, Pop in a CD, sorted!

Leave a comment:

• Back In Business
    replied
    Feked if I know. Can you create ISO's of audio disks?

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    started a topic Importing CD's into iTunes....

Importing CD's into iTunes....

.... there has to be a quicker way! I'm at my parents house for the weekend and I thought I'd take the oppurtunity to take "backup copies" of some of their CD's - been at it for ages though.

If only I could somehow just zap them onto the hard drive

Working...
X