• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Insurance quotes > value of car"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    you've tried insurancesupermarket.com? (sic) Quinn-direct are supposed to be quite cheap for young drivers, and Admiral also advertised itself as cheap for young drivers.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Are you going to be accompanying them whilst learning (sitting in the passenger seat)? I'm not looking forward to it (in about ten years time) - it was bad enough when I was the accompanying driver in my 20s.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Any pictures?
    Ah the old PCG ones are the best....
    Last edited by Lockhouse; 1 March 2007, 07:50.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Was that for comp or tpft?
    Comp I think.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse
    Churchill are amongst the best for 17 year olds. They insured my daughter's BMW 325i for £1450 and she was 18 and had only just passed her test.
    Feck... thanks for warning me what's coming up although I am managing the sprogs expectations of what to expect to be driving (in my day I had to save up & buy the car, insure it myself and do all the maintenance)

Was that for comp or tpft?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    When I was in this situation with my new lambo I just bought insurer company.

threaded.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer
    Thanks, I have been doing that (as 3rd driver in fact) but the extra premium is about £500 or more per annum as a result. It wasn't anything like as bad when his sister started learning a couple of years ago.
    Stick as many women on the policy as you can as named drivers.

A mate has 3 ex girl friends listed as named drivers on his car as it brings his premiums down by 500 a year.

There is no lawy saying that they have to drive the car or know they are insured on it.

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    they are able to discriminate

It wasn't anything like as bad when his sister started learning a couple of years ago.
    Isn't that a function of gender rather than calendar?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Any pictures?
    Threaded, how do I know that you mean the car and not the daughter?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by boredsenseless
    Tell her to be more grateful or take the bus FFS!
    I don't want my wife driving round in a piece of sh*t car
    Earning the money, might aswell use it

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse
    Churchill are amongst the best for 17 year olds. They insured my daughter's BMW 325i for £1450 and she was 18 and had only just passed her test.
    Any pictures?

Leave a comment:

• boredsenseless
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet
    with them already and have been since i passed my test
    and yeah we will have to go that route i think, still if i use her car more than my own then we save on petrol as well as insurance and direct line give NCB on named drivers as well. Only need to use my car then on days when she needs to drive somewhere.

Also though - direct line are quite strict about which cars they will insure new drivers on, she's very picky about what car she wants so we may have to fork out for a different insurance company
    Tell her to be more grateful or take the bus FFS!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Not a great believer in advertising, but there's some tv ads at the moment about multicar policies... Direct Line?
    with them already and have been since i passed my test
    and yeah we will have to go that route i think, still if i use her car more than my own then we save on petrol as well as insurance and direct line give NCB on named drivers as well. Only need to use my car then on days when she needs to drive somewhere.

Also though - direct line are quite strict about which cars they will insure new drivers on, she's very picky about what car she wants so we may have to fork out for a different insurance company

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Trying to get a quote for insurance of cheap / low group car to include a new driver aged 17 with a provisional licence, but all quotes are silly.

Any ideas?
    The reason for the quote being higher than your car is because of the cost of damage they'll do to someone elses car.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X