• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Speed

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Speed"

Collapse

• dotnetter
    replied
    Coke is tulip IMO

I have a much better time on pints of larger, coke turns you into a moody arrogant ***** and I'm already half there without anything so ill stick to the alchohol thanks.

To be honest whenever I have experimented with drugs they havn't had much of an affect on me than other people, and I've never worked out why.

Never ever paid for drugs in my life, if I've ever taken anything it's always just an experiment of a mates and I've never done it again just a waste of money IMO. Now beer thats a different story

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Sounds perfect for exam revision - back in my time I used coffee with lemon in it.
    Apparently they sell a lot of it to american students who suddenly find they've developed narcolepsy just before a big exam comes up

Finally remembered what it's called - Modafinil

Leave a comment:

• Jawz .
    replied
    Originally posted by Rantor
    Spot on - used to drink industrial, quantities of snakebite on the whizz as well and the post-speed crash plus a hangover was awful. I remember sitting in a bus at 8 in the morning in glasgow thinking I was having a coronary after a particularly bad night and I was only 20 then.

At best a youngsters recreational chemical and its not that much cheaper these days than its south american cousin.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by hattra
    It's also supposed to improve your memory
    Sounds perfect for exam revision - back in my time I used coffee with lemon in it.

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    If you just want to stay awake, there's much better stuff around these days. I was reading about something the other day (can't remember the name at the moment) which allows you to stay awake for 48 hours without after-effects, but doesn't stop you sleeping if you want to. It's only licensed for treating narcolepsy in this country, but you can get it on the internet.

It's also supposed to improve your memory

If only I could remember what it's called .. . .. .

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    In my youth.

OK when your 21 years old and wanna dance all night like a, well like a drug crazed teenager, but forget it if you wanna shag, sleep, eat or feel ok for a few days. There's better alternatives.
    Spot on - used to drink industrial, quantities of snakebite on the whizz as well and the post-speed crash plus a hangover was awful. I remember sitting in a bus at 8 in the morning in glasgow thinking I was having a coronary after a particularly bad night and I was only 20 then.

At best a youngsters recreational chemical and its not that much cheaper these days than its south american cousin.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Crap, but then I'm not drawn into the drugs hype, much prefer beers.

Do you want to stay awake all night really? You may think so but at 6am it gets beyond a joke. Then you feel tulip for 2 days after due to sleep deprivation. Never again!

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    The movie? wooden 'acting' I thought.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    In a mis-spent youth

Teeth are paying the price now though

Leave a comment:

• HankWangford
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    In my youth.

OK when your 21 years old and wanna dance all night like a, well like a drug crazed teenager, but forget it if you wanna shag, sleep, eat or feel ok for a few days. There's better alternatives.

coke is better imo, but had a speedy bomb once and was dancin for hours with no bad come down. Them were the days

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    In my youth.

Leave a comment:

• Jawz
    replied
    Nope other stuff tho

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    Yeah 145mph on the M25

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic Speed

Speed