• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Migrants to do community service!"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    This could be an opportunity for a ‘Plan B’. How about an agency for migrant’s community service? Keep track of what they do so they can give a report backed with evidence to the Home Office so they can get whatever they are after. Charge them a nominal fee for the service. At the same time charge anyone who wants free labour, sorry, has opportunities for people to serve the community to have access to the database of slaves, ops done it again, volunteers.
    I reckon a Government database would be needed. We could bid but I think you'll find the contract goes to EDS everytime.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    This could be an opportunity for a ‘Plan B’. How about an agency for migrant’s community service? Keep track of what they do so they can give a report backed with evidence to the Home Office so they can get whatever they are after. Charge them a nominal fee for the service. At the same time charge anyone who wants free labour, sorry, has opportunities for people to serve the community to have access to the database of slaves, ops done it again, volunteers.

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Clearly you're a newbie who wasn't around when the late (and missed) Fleetwood was here.
    Well judging by my 106 posts your guess would be right

You always get one

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Can someone send round an immigrant to wash my cars on Saturday morning? There's a proper British cup of tea in it for them.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by dotnetter
    Please give it a rest, there's nothing worse on a forum than someone who corrects every spelling and grammar, mistake.

Half the time I am writing these posts between doing some work, so forgive me if I don't get my spelling and grammar perfect.

Carry on
    Clearly you're a newbie who wasn't around when the late (and missed) Fleetwood was here.

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    Please give it a rest, there's nothing worse on a forum than someone who corrects every spelling and grammar, mistake.

Half the time I am writing these posts between doing some work, so forgive me if I don't get my spelling and grammar perfect.

Carry on

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by dotnetter
    Yep too right, and deliver my paper every morning at 7.30am on the dot or their shipped back
    they're.
    Perhaps you should do community service for those migrants whose English is better than yours?

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Get people to work for free - that's they way to compete with the likes of India and China.

This has got to be knocked on the head very quickly. In the wrong hands we will have a modern version of slavery.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Didn't patricia hewitt mention something about 'harvesting their organs' in the same sentence as 'reduced waiting times'...?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Everyone on the dole should perform community service - or face a reduction in their packet. 'course that will probably fail a EU human rights challenge.

Leave a comment:

• Mervalous
    replied
    I am fully for unemployed to do community work but every migrant?? Doesnt make much sense.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Mervalous
    So a highly skilled person comes to the UK for work but has to clean graffiti off the walls in his local estate first?
    Well, the graffiti cleaning companies are much like us contractors, so don't expect the New Lie to hold back in using any potential opportunity to destroy their businesses.

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet
    wasn't there a proposal for the unemployed to do the same? If both are implemented (on the same terms) then I'm all for it. Why just pick on one group of potential spongers?
    What do u mean 'potential' ?

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    Originally posted by Mervalous
    So a highly skilled person comes to the UK for work but has to clean graffiti off the walls in his local estate first?
    Yep too right, and deliver my paper every morning at 7.30am on the dot or their shipped back

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    wasn't there a proposal for the unemployed to do the same? If both are implemented (on the same terms) then I'm all for it. Why just pick on one group of potential spongers?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X