• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New York Hotels

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New York Hotels"

Collapse

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    http://www.bigbeautifulbrides.co.uk/...es-gallery.htm

Thar she blows captain!!!
    I picture you as the fourth picture up on the end row- running along the beach - would that be accurate?
    Some days, when I see things like that and I think about my ex. I rejoice that we broke up. Thank you God for restoring my vision.

Leave a comment:

• swissmike
    replied
    Stayed in this place for about $200 a night in Dec... was very decent hotel for the price, big rooms, 40" plasma, decent bathroom etc.. and walking distance to Times Square, Central Park etc...

http://www.414hotel.com/

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    http://www.bigbeautifulbrides.co.uk/...es-gallery.htm

Thar she blows captain!!!
    I picture you as the fourth picture up on the end row- running along the beach - would that be accurate?
    Last edited by Troll; 25 February 2007, 14:04.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Can you get wedding dresses in your size?
    www.bigbeautifulbrides.com

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    No, it was a public health thing brought in before many of the current eras medical advances, it is to check if you're carrying certain STDs.
    I know Just joshing with you.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    <geek>
    Are they scared that people are going to be trying to marry shapeshifters.
    </geek>
    No, it was a public health thing brought in before many of the current eras medical advances, it is to check if you're carrying certain STDs.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by theemeestroo
    www.getmarriedinnewyork.co.uk

Pay online....Job done. It's that easy
    A blood test is not required to obtain a Marriage License in New York State.
    <geek>
    Are they scared that people are going to be trying to marry shapeshifters.
    </geek>

Leave a comment:

• theemeestroo
    replied
    www.getmarriedinnewyork.co.uk

Pay online....Job done. It's that easy

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I've been looking at wedding venues myself this morning - it's a right pain in the backside. Think I'll just stay engaged!
    Really. How hard is a church / hotel to find for a semi-religous / civil ceremony.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    Helmsley Hotel was quite good, very close to the Chrysler Building so very central.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Ah thats so lovely - I bet your girl was chuffed to bits Thats a story for life!!

I've been looking at wedding venues myself this morning - it's a right pain in the backside. Think I'll just stay engaged!
    Can you get wedding dresses in your size?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by theemeestroo
    Cheers SA. I proposed in Central Park as well. Hence getting married there.

I have no desire for a big wedding nor to fork out £20K+ for everyone else to enjoy themselves!! And as SA knows, we have big families oop north (my mum was 1 of 12!!, and they aren't catholics!!). If people are coming they are paying their own way.

I recommend it actually. No stress, booked and planned in about 2 weeks. And you get a nice holiday while there as well. Plus the rings are soooo much cheaper. I got engagement ring there and saved a fortune

I think you are right boredsenseless. If people don't want to pay too much they can always stay near Newark airport. Nice hotels there for £45 / night. Only 20 mins on the train to Penn station from there.
    Ah thats so lovely - I bet your girl was chuffed to bits Thats a story for life!!

Leave a comment:

• theemeestroo
    replied
    Cheers Cowboy.
    I'll check that place out tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    When I went to New York I stayed in the Belnord Hotel on West 87th Street by Central Park sandwiched in between Broadway and Amsterdam Ave - http://tinyurl.com/e774d

It was pretty basic at around $120 per night (yes that's $ not £) and it seems to get mixed reviews, but I found it excellent for the price - and you can't fault it's location. It's right near the 86th Street/Broadway subway, and there's a fantastic diner round the corner on Broadway. Also, I can't forget the legendary Dead Poet - http://www.thedeadpoet.com/home.html - which is round the corner the other way on Amsterdam.

Leave a comment:

• theemeestroo
    replied
    Cheers SA. I proposed in Central Park as well. Hence getting married there.

I have no desire for a big wedding nor to fork out £20K+ for everyone else to enjoy themselves!! And as SA knows, we have big families oop north (my mum was 1 of 12!!, and they aren't catholics!!). If people are coming they are paying their own way.

I recommend it actually. No stress, booked and planned in about 2 weeks. And you get a nice holiday while there as well. Plus the rings are soooo much cheaper. I got engagement ring there and saved a fortune

I think you are right boredsenseless. If people don't want to pay too much they can always stay near Newark airport. Nice hotels there for £45 / night. Only 20 mins on the train to Penn station from there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X