• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Business Travel Insurance"

Collapse

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123
    This is not an issue in Germany.

tim
    Possibly not on paper, but in practice maybe. Just before Christmas a friend of mine was involved in a non-life threatening accident while working on business there (he got printing ink in his eye) and was taken to hospital. He had his EHIC card but they refused to treat him without evidence of some additional insurance. In the absence of this he had to get the credit card out. Sure enough they gave him a form to reclaim the money, but it was strictly cash upfront for non-locals.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Remember, the EHIC only entitles you to the same treatment as a local would get, i.e. does not gurantee you won't have to pay up front and even then it may not be reclaimable.
    This is not an issue in Germany.

tim

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Yes I'd bother, and yes I'm covered, by Tesco, who do a Business travel insurance, my quote for the year was about £65 - well worth it, from getting a laptop stolen or having a accident in a taxi.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Remember, the EHIC only entitles you to the same treatment as a local would get, i.e. does not gurantee you won't have to pay up front and even then it may not be reclaimable.

Leave a comment:

• Back In Business
    replied
    Indeed EHIC + normal insurance that covers any business equipment that you take along.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Not if I had my EHIC.

tim

Leave a comment:

• Limited
    started a topic Business Travel Insurance

Business Travel Insurance

4 days work in Germany next week. Not worked abroad since becoming a contractor.

Anyone know a good place for Business travel insurance? Would anyone else bother for such a short trip?

thanks

Working...
X