• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Foreigners on our money"

Collapse

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot
    I brought a £100 note out of the wallet the other day colleague did not believe me said I made it up and no such thing existed the polis would get me for trying to make illegal tender.

Please tell me you know such a thing exists! I’ve used the note many times back home but most folk down here don’t believe in it!

Going up to Edinburger this weekend no point carrying anything smaller in your wallet really.
    Yeah, the RSB ones are red. Had to get a handful of them once to buy a van.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    It could be argued Adam Smith has had more influence on UK economics than anyone else born in these Isles. Rather fitting he's on the money IMHO
    Actually, that is what I think too.

As long as we keep the Pound, or more accurately, don’t have anything to do with that Euro-muck.

I’m in one of my stroppy moods today.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...cotland100.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    It could be argued Adam Smith has had more influence on UK economics than anyone else born in these Isles. Rather fitting he's on the money IMHO

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Give it a year or two an the BoE will release one with a pic of the old one-eyed hook chappie...

...to celebrate diversity of course...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I brought a £100 note out of the wallet the other day colleague did not believe me said I made it up and no such thing existed the polis would get me for trying to make illegal tender.

Please tell me you know such a thing exists! I’ve used the note many times back home but most folk down here don’t believe in it!

Going up to Edinburger this weekend no point carrying anything smaller in your wallet really.

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Well done the Scots.
    Yeah well, they issued 2 million of them and every one that is kept by a collector is a £5 donation to the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Leave a comment:

• Jawz
    replied
    How about sticking Warnie on the back of a fiver. You can look at his ugly mug every time u sticking some columbian marching powder up your hooter..

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Euro-commuter
    The Royal Bank of Scotland issued a fiver with Jack Nicklaus on it.
    Well done the Scots.

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Now now Buff. Don't take on so. As long as the chap is significant (in a positive way) in England and to the English then why not?
    As long as this doesnt lead to the sycophantic glorification of every Tom, Dick and Harry then it is a good thing.

Once again England leads the way in racial integration.

(I am assuming we are leading the way and not just following the example of others).
    The Royal Bank of Scotland issued a fiver with Jack Nicklaus on it.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Now now Buff. Don't take on so. As long as the chap is significant (in a positive way) in England and to the English then why not?
    As long as this doesnt lead to the sycophantic glorification of every Tom, Dick and Harry then it is a good thing.

Once again England leads the way in racial integration.

(I am assuming we are leading the way and not just following the example of others).

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    started a topic Foreigners on our money

Foreigners on our money

Bloody check of ‘em printing a foreigner on the new £20 note. What next, Charles de Gaulle on the £5, or even Hitler on the £10?

Working...
X