• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Electric Bikes

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Electric Bikes"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny
    Not when you're dying to get home on a wet miserable dark night and the battery has gone on your rear light 'it aint' .
    That's when I like it best! Less other cyclists to get in the way and get to irritate the fsck out of the odd motorist.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Haven't you got some babysitting to do tonight?

My thighs hurt if I pedal. We're not in Holland are we! I need electronic assistance to get uphill otherwise I just pant and puff and go all hot and sweaty, otherwise I just get off and walk with my bike which defeats the object of having it with me in the first place.
    Hot and sweaty is good...

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Was having a look at an electric bike the other day that uses a hydrogen fuel cell. It looked quite attractive.
    You don't need a hydrogen fuel cell, dear Threaded.

The thing should run quite nicely on the amount of hot air and methane from your B.S.

Sorry, couldn't resist a cheap laugh.

The thought of terrorists riding Segways in to shopping malls, powered by hydrogen fuel cells does worry me a bit though.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I have one of them Segway thingies which is great fun at parties.

Was having a look at an electric bike the other day that uses a hydrogen fuel cell. It looked quite attractive.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I'm green though and I don't need to buy a car
    So what you are essentially saying, is that you are dodging paying road tax and fuel tax, yet you still plan to use the roads and pavements.

Tut Tut Tut.

I shall have to have words with the Dept. For Transport and see how we can bring you in under our wing.

Gordon Brown

Leave a comment:

• reformation
    replied
    Does anyone have one. I'm not referring to mopeds but normal pedal bikes that have battery chargers. I thought about getting a fold up leccy for to power assist me up those hills so that I can commute to the client site without being all hot and sweaty.

Do Dennys dream of Electric Bikes?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    No I meant peddle, i.e. setup a plan B selling electric bikes. Honest.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    http://www.electricbikesdirect.co.uk...654&category=3

They're not cheap. Peddle you lazy cow.
    Pedal.

Things are going downhill....

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://www.electricbikesdirect.co.uk...654&category=3

They're not cheap. Peddle you lazy cow.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Get a car.

You know it makes sense.

Gordon Brown.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    started a topic Electric Bikes

Electric Bikes

Has anyone looked at electric bikes at all? Are they an allowable business expense?
    Last edited by Denny; 12 May 2007, 20:06.

Working...
X