• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Well, that's it, goodbye UK...."

Collapse

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Love it - even the FAQ costs 2.50 Euros.. !

Leave a comment:

• padinka
    replied
    In fact this site:

http://www.pic-amsterdam.com/

Has information regarding accountancy and tax issues.

Have fun...

Leave a comment:

• padinka
    replied
    I'm sure one or more of the sites mentioned here will have an accountant or two in service...

http://www.amsterdamescape.com/sex.html

Padinka

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Well, I wouldn't want one that was wet behind the ears....

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    I think you'll find them advertising their services in various shop windows mcQ. You'll be surprised at the experience some of them have.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Cheers guys... it's a big step but you only live once...

Now I need to find someone who can offer some decent tax advice without charging an arm and a leg...

Anyone know any single, good looking (female!) Dutch accountants who fancy a nice meal or two (no pigs intestines, I promise) in return for an hour or two of their professional time...?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Well done and good luck mate.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Used to live in Amsterdamage, fun for a while but after a few months it started to feel like groundhog day.

But enjoy the fun bit, if only I could remember ...

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Oi! I heard that!

Leave a comment:

• padinka
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    ... I still can't remember what the Dutch for 'dirty old man' was though Padinka... care to refresh my memory...?
    "Vieze Oude Man" is what she said. I'm not sure whether she was referring to you or me though.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Originally posted by jenever
    Congrats mcq, great place Amsterdamage whatever your tastes
    Bottoms up, Jenever - something I did not get to try (the gin type thing I hasten to add)... seems like there's a few of you just over the border... perhaps a coach trip style CUK Mystery Tour to Bruxelles is in order at some point...

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I live some of the year in Veenendaal in the Netherlands, keep some of my car collection there. We ought to meet up for a beer sometime.
    Did you see what he did there? Masterful, truly masterful. As you would expect from the old pro that he is.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I live some of the year in Veenendaal in the Netherlands, keep some of my car collection there. We ought to meet up for a beer sometime.

Ah, Padinka and I did wonder if there were more CUKers that hung out in that part of the world... perhaps once I am established 'over there' we can flush some of them out into the open, and maybe share a few Blondes...

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    The 'pigs intestines in white wine sauce' were surprisingly tasty, although the spinal cord was a bit chewy... and thanks for your girlfriend announcing what each unrecognisable lump was before I ate it

Also cheers for the guided tour of the beers - I became quite adept at holding those funny glasses like I was sipping a fine wine, and ended up the next day in a small 'brown cafe' that has a range of 200+, managing to sample enough of them that my Strippenkaart was looking distinctly blurry...

I still can't remember what the Dutch for 'dirty old man' was though Padinka... care to refresh my memory...?

Leave a comment:

• padinka
    replied
    Respect where respect is due

Mcquiggd munched through a plate of pig's intestines at a somewhat dodgy Chinese restaurant in the Amsterdam red-light district followed by several rather strong Belgian & Cloggy beers without even *looking* like barfing.

Rumour has it that he then proceeded to yet another bar or three before turning for a light sleep prior to his return to the kingdom of Blair.

Definitely a major loss to contractordom if you ask me...

Padinka

Leave a comment:

Working...
X