• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Security Clearance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Security Clearance"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by marcus2704
    Cheers for that, perhaps I will still leave it on my CV
    Trouble is putting it on as "security clearance (lapsed)" sounds a bit like "BSc Calcutta (failed)"

Leave a comment:

• marcus2704
    replied
    Cheers for that, perhaps I will still leave it on my CV

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    That sucks then, I was told that once you have got SC clearance its easier to reapply for it when/if it lapses.
    It is easier to reapply if you have lapsed SC. I think it may also be cheaper (for the sponsor)

Leave a comment:

• marcus2704
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    It lapses after 12 months if you don’t use it and it will need to be applied for again with a sponsor, so if you've let it go... its gone, back of the queue I'm afraid.
    That sucks then, I was told that once you have got SC clearance its easier to reapply for it when/if it lapses.

I guess he was yanking my crank.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    If you don't use your security clearance it gets bored and goes looking for friendly terrorists or IT contractors to help out. Any takers ?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I was going to search, but couldnt be arsed so...

Im SC cleared until 2014, but havent worked in a SC site for over a year, how long is it before the status is removed and is it a simple process (!) to be recertified again or does it still take endless weeks?
    It lapses after 12 months if you don’t use it and it will need to be applied for again with a sponsor, so if you've let it go... its gone, back of the queue I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• marcus2704
    replied
    I was going to search, but couldnt be arsed so...

Im SC cleared until 2014, but havent worked in a SC site for over a year, how long is it before the status is removed and is it a simple process (!) to be recertified again or does it still take endless weeks?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven
    I couldn't be arsed looking
    says it all ....

next..

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    And we should be arsed helping you because?......
    It's good Karma (least thats what the priest said)

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    And we should be arsed helping you because?......

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Another permie wishing he could be a contractor, but just can't be arsed as it's all too much hassle. Or perhaps you are one of those contractors who like to go through and umbrella because it's easy and you get to claim all these expenses without incurring them.....

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    You ought to apply to the foreign office and write doco about WMDs.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    You ought to apply to the foreign office and write doco about WMDs.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Do none of the newbies ever do a search before asking the same question for the millionth time? FFS.

You have to have a sponsor.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    FFS DimPrawn don't tell them everything!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X