• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "FFS another document loss"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    There is that story from a few years ago which you may have heard of whre Biden and Putin were doing a press conference and as Biden started to talk his microphone was switched off and everyone stood up and left the room. Utterly brutal.

In his book, McCormick describes a joint press conference between Biden and Vladimir Putin when the Russian leader had Biden’s microphone suddenly shut off — an incident he said was never reported by the news media.

“[Putin’s] message was unmistakable: I’m in charge of the room, I’m in charge of my country, and I’m in charge of the reset,” McCormick wrote. “As you might imagine, the vice president’s staffers were furious with the Russians. I was instructed to have the transcript reflect how the vice president had been cut off in mid-sentence.”

The official White House transcript of the March 2011 encounter shows Biden’s comments ending suddenly.

“There’s a reason. Mr. Prime Minister, I’ve been around a long time. The first time I was here — the second time I was here, I was here meeting with President Brezhnev. We were trying to pass SALT II –,” it said.

“He basically got body slammed by Putin, really. I mean, I don’t know how else to describe it,” McCormick told the Free Beacon. “To me it was like, here’s our great foreign policy expert and he just got punk’d. And Vladimir Putin just had no fear or respect for him.”
    Former White House stenographer says Biden has 'lost a step' (nypost.com)

They are all just waiting for him to go.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    This whole ridiculous Black Sea Royal Navy caper in support of the US was probably a quid pro quo for Biden to keep his nose out of Northern Ireland

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I don't reckon they're accidents. It's probably an official leak as a conciliatory signal to the Russkies that we're only following the US lead as obedient poodles but have no particular personal beef with Russia
    Yeah, the BBC this morning was all.. "we were handed the top secret documents that nobody can know the contents of by a member of the public, here is exactly what is in them...". which sounded utter claptrap.

Biden is trying to sound all tough on the Russians, as you say we're just following along. When Boris stopped Biden from talking the other day by putting his hand in front of him a few times it looked as if there is no national respect there anymore.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    BBC News - Classified Ministry of Defence documents found at bus stop https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57624942

Classified Ministry of Defence documents containing details about HMS Defender and the British military have been found at a bus stop in Kent.
    I don't reckon they're accidents. It's probably an official leak as a conciliatory signal to the Russkies that we're only following the US lead as obedient poodles but have no particular personal beef with Russia

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Nothing says Digital Britain more than PowerPoint printouts behind a bus stop.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    started a topic FFS another document loss

FFS another document loss

BBC News - Classified Ministry of Defence documents found at bus stop https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57624942

Classified Ministry of Defence documents containing details about HMS Defender and the British military have been found at a bus stop in Kent.

Working...
X