• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: School Nicknames

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "School Nicknames"

Collapse

• Spartacus
    replied
    Chinook.

Because I had a big chopper.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    nobby and donkey - I'm thick but that wasn't the reason

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Wahts sticky and sings?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by kramer
    at school i got called Stick... for being tall and skinny when i was 11 and it stuck like glue....

even the teachers ended up calling me that...
    Even the teachers were giving you stick? That's cruel!

So you were the answer to that "what's brown and sticky" joke. I always wondered.

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    at school i got called Stick... for being tall and skinny when i was 11 and it stuck like glue....

even the teachers ended up calling me that...

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    For those who have not figured it out: McVities make Ginger Nuts.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    'copperknob'

Kids are geniuses

Copperknob

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I forgot 'duracell' & 'copperknob'... McVitie sounds quite quaint, did you go to a posh tolerant school?
    Lancaster Royal Grammar School.
    All boys. Day boys and boarders.

Tolerant? My arse.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    No, he went to Eton.
    Oh, Just nazi's and latent homo's then.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I forgot 'duracell' & 'copperknob'... McVitie sounds quite quaint, did you go to a tolerant school?
    No, he went to Eton.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Gingas got called McVitie at my school.
    I forgot 'duracell' & 'copperknob'... McVitie sounds quite quaint, did you go to a posh tolerant school?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Ginger, gingernut, gingercnut, gingerbollocks take your pick really...

I always pointed out that if I was black they wouldn't be so cruel, then again two of my black mates had (and still have) nicknames of 'chimp' and 'bongo' and it never bothered them.
    Gingas got called McVitie at my school.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Ginger, gingernut, gingercnut, gingerbollocks take your pick really...

I always pointed out that if I was black they wouldn't be so cruel, then again two of my black mates had (and still have) nicknames of 'chimp' and 'bongo' and it never bothered them.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Arfur - because of my surname and the cr@p actor from the telly. It had the Aarrrthur phase when Willo the Wisp was on the telly and Arfur when Minder was at it's peak.
    You're lucky - today you'd be called Tony Blair! Kids can be cruel...

Mind you, I'd probably be called Gordon Brown!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Arfur - because of my surname and the cr@p actor from the telly. It had the Aarrrthur phase when Willo the Wisp was on the telly and Arfur when Minder was at it's peak.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X