• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekly or Monthly

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekly or Monthly"

Collapse

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    With real B2B (as in direct) yes, 30 days is normal. But if you're going through a pimp, insisting on weekly is just minimising risk.
    Ditto - same reason

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    Always been paid monthly. Agency is one of the biggest in the country, not likely go bust. All contractors on current site are monthly (agency is preferred supplier and all contractors treated the same.)

Would not like weekly as don't want extra paper work.

I don't chase up signing of my electronic timesheets until a couple of months after the days worked, so I'm often paid much later than monthly would suggest. If I trusted the client and the agency less I might act differently.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    They will usually cough up weekly if pushed hard. If it's a big 'un I don't sweat over monthly, I like the large amounts going in.

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Monthly - last contract was weekly which I far preferred.

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    Surely it's one of the few (only?) things an agency is actually useful for, you get your dosh before the agency has probably even invoiced the client. Insist on weekly if not direct.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Im on 30 days as well which is normal for B2B. Otherwise you look like an employee.
    With real B2B (as in direct) yes, 30 days is normal. But if you're going through a pimp, insisting on weekly is just minimising risk.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    i must be doing something wrong, never been paid weekly !

Milan.
    Just weakly eh beans.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Im on 30 days as well which is normal for B2B. Otherwise you look like an employee.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    i must be doing something wrong, never been paid weekly !

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    weekly - all the time for me, as people have said....you onlly have to chase up on a weeks pay.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    I always ask for weekly - especially with an agency I've never come across before. Though I will accept fortnightly.

I can and do insist, because if they can't/won't do it then I don't accept the gig, simple as that. You'll be surprised how many agencies suddenly "have a chat to the accounts department" when they see their commission slipping away.

It's a good way of finding out if the agency is heading towards insolvency if they can't come up with the goods, and with so many agencies around and so many hitting the wall, you can't be too careful.

Leave a comment:

• SouthRoute55
    replied
    IMO weekly pay is a bit more secure, I have been messed around with payments before (especially last month pay - which takes a few months and a few debt collection threat letters to collect ) at least with weekly pay you are only chasing the last week's pay.

Leave a comment:

• BOBJ
    replied
    I don't know if you can insist on being paid weekly. The only time I was, it was a bit uncomfortable because you are with a new agency you just don't know if they'll pay at all. Weekly is where it is at

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    replied
    when I had a contract (snif) I got paid weekly too.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    weekly for me, used to get paid monthly tho !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X