• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: BA data breach

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BA data breach"

Collapse

• Eirikur
    replied
    received an email from the solicitors managing the mass claim, that I will receive money from BA. Not allowed to disclose any details

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57734946

BA will pay out for their data breach. Sets a real precedent.

Show me the money

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    I've joined it as my credit card details were exposed, no money lost though, but I was eligible.

I also joined the VW diesel scandal law suit as the "fix" to the cheat device basically broke the rest of the car

Takes years and years until you'll get some compensation. VW is now ongoing for about 4 years

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Wait till lawyers start targeting you using stolen data from BA - then sue: the lawyers.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    There was an article about this on Head For Points recently. I'll dig it out

Here you go:
    Should you join the British Airways data breach law suit?

They don't think it's worth pursuing

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    started a topic BA data breach

BA data breach

Keep seeing adverts to join the 'class' claim - comp up to £2k.
    I know I qualify if this is such a thing i.e. Compensation from a data breach ? - seems a bit of ambulance chasing
    Has anyone joined one of these BA claims ?

Working...
X