• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good News For Some ..."

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    where do they sell these repossessed homes
    I want to buy cheap as chips homes
    Auctions are often advertised in the local papers. I've bought a good few properties in the UK this way. You can pick them up real cheap. Get some friendy polish builders to slap in a new kitchen and bathroom and you're laughing all the way to the bank.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    Wembley market.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by ImNotFromIndia
    http://news.independent.co.uk/busine...cle2204139.ece

"Home repossessions surged by a massive 65 per cent last year as thousands of households buckled under a mountain of debt and the burden of rising interest rates."
    Interest rates rose only twice last year, 0.25% each time, and one of those was in November. Was that when the massive increase in repossessions happened?? December?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Lenders said 17,000 homes were repossessed in 2006

Between 1990 and 1993, nearly 250,000 repossessions.

We have a long way to go yet.

It's like someone else said here recently.

"Burglaries up 100%" in a small town, when the number that year had gone from 1 to 2.

PS. House prices will double this year. Buy now whilst they are practically giving them away.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 1 February 2007, 18:37.

Leave a comment:

• ImNotFromIndia
    started a topic Good News For Some ...

Good News For Some ...

http://news.independent.co.uk/busine...cle2204139.ece

"Home repossessions surged by a massive 65 per cent last year as thousands of households buckled under a mountain of debt and the burden of rising interest rates."

Working...
X