• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Good news

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good news"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    So the tories never had any scandles then?

Give me Honours scandals over Arms to Iraq anyday!
    SallyAnne, how many tories were done for scandals, five? Ten even? And how many Labour politicians, the same number perhaps?

That's not a lot out of over 600 MPs. So not all politicians are as bad as each other, are they.

Here we have an honours scandal and an alleged perverting the course of justice, which is similar to what Aitkin and Archer went down for.

All this demonstrates is that Blair is up there with the worst of them, despite claiming to be whiter than white.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You only need one person for a conspiracy...

Who said the law is a ass?
    Now you mention it I remember a bloke from years ago (not me) who claimed he was arrested by the police for 'Conspiracy with persons unknown to commit offenses unknown', and on another occasion 'Going equipped for stealing' when all he had on him was his own car/house keys and an electrical screwdriver.

He did come from Liverpool though and was a self-confessed tea-leaf, so the police may have had a point.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    A delicious irony that the interview "lasted 45 minutes"

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    SallyAnne you are a bit of a Northern Numpty really aren't you?

At times

Didn't think I was this particular time though. Well, apart from spelling scandal wrong like

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    SallyAnne you are a bit of a Northern Numpty really aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Wrong.

That is exactly what New Labour want the simple minded voter to think.

So the tories never had any scandles then?

Give me Honours scandals over Arms to Iraq anyday!

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    She was arested on perverting the course of justice.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    They're all as bad as each other
    Wrong.

That is exactly what New Labour want the simple minded voter to think.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    They're all as bad as each other

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    Only Levy has been arested for conspricy.

I've just heard Nick Robinson on the BBC ask this same question.

Bye Bye B'Lair Bye Bye

There may be a Santa Claus after all
    The sooner Gordon takes over the better. It's about time we rid ourself of the former corrupt regime.

Regards,

Gordon Brown

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Ruth Turner too.

And I've just noticed that John McTernan (director of political operations) was questioned under caution, i.e. not as a witness.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I thought Ruth Turner was as well?

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Four people have been arrested (and released on bail) so far.

Des Smith - alleged to have said that sponsors of city academies could expect a gong in return for their generosity.

Lord Levy (twice) - as we know, both on suspicion of the original charge and now for perverting the course of justice.

Sir Christopher Evans - alleged to have sought (and got) a gong in return for loans to the Labour party.

Ruth Turner - director of goverment relations, alleged to be suspected of hampering the police enquiry.

I've just heard Nick Robinson on the BBC ask this same question.

Bye Bye B'Lair Bye Bye

There may be a Santa Claus after all

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    A spokesman for the Downing Street said: "Tony Blair categorically denies any wrongdoing, and has never even heard of Tony Blair."

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    William Hill
    Blair Arrest Odds Cut From 12/1 To 7/1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X