• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boris' Mass Testing"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    I thought it was Blue tape now?
    It is red, white and blue tape for a red, white and blue B....

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    I thought it was Blue tape now?

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    reduce red fecking tape.
    You think red tape is bad, wait until the grey tape arrives.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Is M-12 SKA still (if it ever officially was ) based in the UK?
    Yes it was and still is.

But if I could redo things I'd certainly set it up offshore, not for the purpose of saving on taxes (which would not have worked if management in the UK), but to reduce red fecking tape.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    What was the last software/Internet company that got 100 bln stock market valuation in the UK?

As I said - there is a fundamental reason why such compaines are not in the UK - it's somethng MPs should have concerned themselves about.
    Is M-12 SKA still (if it ever officially was ) based in the UK?

If it's such a bad place to do such things, can get a cruise liner cheap (plenty are/were moored off the west coast this year) as a floating office and sail into international waters and declare independence from any laws or taxes. After a few years can trade up to one of those new UK aircraft carriers they'll be flogging on ebay, for private security.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are welcome to take up the challenge.
    What was the last software/Internet company that got 100 bln stock market valuation in the UK?

As I said - there is a fundamental reason why such compaines are not in the UK - it's somethng MPs should have concerned themselves about.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Market Summary > Zoom Video Communications Inc NASDAQ: ZM
    Mkt cap109.79B

zoom market value - Google Search

Market Summary > BP plc LON: BP
    Mkt cap53.05B

bp market value - Google Search

---

Let me repeat the question: why isn't it a British company instead of Chinese doing what Zoom does?
    You are welcome to take up the challenge.

Though just to warn you papers like the Torygraph will only consider you British until your software gets hacked/it has a massive data breach.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Funny that the Germans and French are coming to the rescue...
    Small price to pay for bigly Boris's fish consessions - they are helping the clown to save his clownish face, for now

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Boris' Mass Testing in Dover now supported by French firefighters. Bojo can't organise a pi$$up in....
    No linky!

Though oddly I have to believe you as this government is so utterly incompetent.

Funny that the Germans and French are coming to the rescue...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Why reinvent the wheel?
    Market Summary > Zoom Video Communications Inc NASDAQ: ZM
    Mkt cap 109.79B

zoom market value - Google Search

Market Summary > BP plc LON: BP
    Mkt cap 53.05B

bp market value - Google Search

---

Let me repeat the question: why isn't it a British company instead of Chinese doing what Zoom does?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Why British MPs use Chinese software to discuss illness caused by a virus originated from China?

Maybe they should discuss over a phone why there are no successful British alternatives to Zoom.

P.S. Also using Zoom for work!
    Why reinvent the wheel?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Why British MPs use Chinese software to discuss illness caused by a virus originated from China?

Maybe they should discuss over a phone why there are no successful British alternatives to Zoom.

P.S. Also using Zoom for work!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Hundreds of MPs fuming after being locked out of Covid Zoom meeting | Metro News

They can't operate Zoom; how do you think mass testing at Dover is going to go?
    Sounds like a world beating roaring success.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Hundreds of MPs fuming after being locked out of Covid Zoom meeting | Metro News

Hundreds of members of Parliament were left fuming after being locked out of an ‘all MPs’ Government Covid-19 virtual meeting.

The Government was described as ‘inept’, ‘incompetent’ and a ‘mess’ after up to 550 MPs couldn’t join a Zoom meeting because it had reached its participant limit of 100.

MPs had been invited to the Wednesday afternoon meeting to be briefed by the deputy chief medical officer and ministers over the latest coronavirus restrictions ahead of the 3pm No 10 press conference. But when many attempted to log on for the 2.30pm start they were told the meeting was at capacity.

Labour MP Neil Coyle told HuffPost UK: ‘Inept is not a good enough word for this clusterf**k of s**thousery.’
    They can't operate Zoom; how do you think mass testing at Dover is going to go?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Vive la France!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X