• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dinner

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dinner"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Thanks. I might try one of these next time, if I have time. I went to the India Palace (formerly the Lahore Palace, named after a town that is not in India.....) just off Konrad Adenauer Str: quite near me since I am north of the river, east end of the Zeil, and always short of time. It was quite good.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    I fancy a curry. Anyone know a good place in Frankfurt?
    http://www.banjara.de/

http://www.indiapalace.info/

http://www.jewel-of-india.de/

And I quite like this one:

http://www.bombaypalace.de/

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    No home deliveries for me yet... when I retire I thought about doing some cooking as we've discussed before but it's hard work and not very well paid. There's a place down our road that is a converted house into a Chinese restaurant/takeway. Extremely busy...

Sounds a good meal. I only had a glass of aszu - gotta watch the waistline.

Marmalade....mmmmm...

Got some spag bol coming up tomorrow - homemade spaghetti and farm shop vine tomatoes skinned and deseeded, boiled down to make the tomato sauce (no pasata).

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    hyperD's home made authentic "Mongolian BBQ":

lots of fresh veg: bean sprouts, sugar snaps, sweet corn, fresh chillis, spring onions, julienne of ginger slices, red and white onion slices, fresh garlic, fresh pepper strips, chinese cabbage, julienne of carrots.

Fresh free range chicken pieces fried in their skins for flavour with soy sauce and rice wine and then glazed with honey until crispy brown and caramelised.

Pick your veg, and the pre-made chicken and all fast fried in a wok with soy sauce.

Sake optional (haven't got any today so a bottle of white dry Tokaji aszu).

Avoid clients next day...
    Excellent, hyperD, I knew you would not let the side down. Do you do home deliveries? You should get one of those in the centre of the table barbecue things you see in Korean restaurants.

Chez Lucifer it was English classic night. Homemade pork, leek and mushroom pie in puff pastry, with mashed potatoes, carrots and broccoli. Only a glass of tap water to accompany I'm afraid, and an apple and a banana shared with young Damien for pudding.

Plus plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.

Should be making that marmalade before the end of the week. Scrummy.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    "Curry. Father in laws paying. "

Figurativly(sic) speaking.
    so you're not going to make an honest woman out of her ?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "Curry. Father in laws paying. "

Figurativly(sic) speaking.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    hyperD's home made authentic "Mongolian BBQ":

lots of fresh veg: bean sprouts, sugar snaps, sweet corn, fresh chillis, spring onions, julienne of ginger slices, red and white onion slices, fresh garlic, fresh pepper strips, chinese cabbage, julienne of carrots.

Fresh free range chicken pieces fried in their skins for flavour with soy sauce and rice wine and then glazed with honey until crispy brown and caramelised.

Pick your veg, and the pre-made chicken and all fast fried in a wok with soy sauce.

Sake optional (haven't got any today so a bottle of white dry Tokaji aszu).

Avoid clients next day...

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    Jar of cockles, slice of stinky blue cheese, a small pork pie

in a dingy B&B in Eastcote

oh the pleasures of working away from home

And what on earth is there in Eastcote ?? didn't know there are any companies out there

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Eastcote - Is that near Greenford?

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Cheese sandwich(x2) made with brown bread, small amount of Floria light and tiny amount of mustard. One orange and an apple.

All washed down with a mug of Kenco Instant Coffee.

And I am ****ed off with this and once I’ve seen the doc next Tuesday, I’m off on a bender!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Jar of cockles, slice of stinky blue cheese, a small pork pie

in a dingy B&B in Eastcote

oh the pleasures of working away from home

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Curry. Father in laws paying.
    MF did you get married to the G/F then? Well you probably had to as you impregnated her

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Curry. Father in laws paying.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Dinner

I fancy a curry. Anyone know a good place in Frankfurt?

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Thai Green Curry - All the authentic trimmings - lemongrass, fresh coriander, red chillies, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, coconut milk. Served with lots of fragrant Thai jasmine rice

Leave a comment:

Working...
X