• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mid-Life

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mid-Life"

Collapse

• kramer
    replied
    i think i qualify to the crisis zone....

a clawing feeling inevitable pointlessness about everything and everyone in my life....

and i'm smoking again

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    M&S do a good line in slippers.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    I have seriously considered buying a pair of slippers. I think that means I qualify.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Hot flushes as the testosterone level declines are one side effect... (along with the droop... )
    well I've just started gettng the hot flushes but prehaps thats because I've just had two hot chocs!! Not a problem with my testosterone !

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    think about all the kids dying in the world today
    think about the countries with sh!te regimes
    think about the sh1te areas in this country
    think about the sh!te jobs people do in this country
    think where you might have ended up

you have to be in the top 0.1% of the lucky league

think about the sh!te that people had to put up with in previous generations

you have to be in the top 0.001 % of the all-time lucky league

so , crisis, what crisis

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Kinks - good song..

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    I turned 30 in sept, and am officially in mid-life crisis. I cant imagine it gets any worse than this, cause if it is due, then i reckon id end up dead.

The amount of stress, up and down emotions, phases of depression and smoking im going through i would expect my body to give in around the age of 50.

I have actually aged 10yrs since my depression has kicked in and its been lasting for waaaaay tooooo long.
    Just rememeber that no matter how bad it seems it can always get worse....much, much worse.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    I turned 30 in sept, and am officially in mid-life crisis. I cant imagine it gets any worse than this, cause if it is due, then i reckon id end up dead.

The amount of stress, up and down emotions, phases of depression and smoking im going through i would expect my body to give in around the age of 50.

I have actually aged 10yrs since my depression has kicked in and its been lasting for waaaaay tooooo long.

Crises - what Crises ?

All my life Ive never stopped to worry `bout a thing,
    Open up and shout it out,an' never try to sing,
    Wondering if Ive done it wrong,
    Will this depression last for long?

Wont you tell me ...

Where have all the good times gone. ?

Once we had an easy ride and always felt the same,
    Time was on our side and we had everything to gain,
    This could be like yesterday,
    Me with your happydays,

Where have all the good times gone ?

Ma and pa look back on all the things they used to do,
    Never had no money and they always told the truth,
    Daddy didnt need no little toys
    And mama didnt need no boys

Where have all the Good Times gone ?

PS Mr Pruffock is 46.6 and never been happier

Im happy hope youre happy too
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 31 January 2007, 16:03.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    you and El Duder should go looking, he appears to not be meeting them at the moment.
    I'm happily married!

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    I had mine some time back, we could compare notes...

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    I've never really understood what a 'fast woman' is... anyone?
    you and El Duder should go looking, he appears to not be meeting them at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    I am only 38
    when does the midlife crisis starts and what are the symptoms ?
    The age differs for different people, but for you soon, usually mid-forties.

You won't need to be told what symptoms to look out for.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by jh0711
    i want fast cars and faster women - i don't think this is a midlife crisis just all part of growing up!

I've never really understood what a 'fast woman' is... anyone?

Leave a comment:

• jh0711
    replied
    i want fast cars and faster women - i don't think this is a midlife crisis just all part of growing up!

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    When you have this sudden overwhelming urge to buy an expensive fishing rod.

I let the others tell you because I'm just too depressed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X