• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Interview follow up"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'm the same. If I get asked permie type HR questions I glaze over and say "tell me what you need delivered and I'll tell you how I can make it happen"

If that kills it stone dead, that's fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Had an interview today with really crap interview questions:

What have you implemented that has given you the most professional pride?
    What can you bring to the role over other candidates?

etc, etc, etc.

I can't be bothered with that tulip personally so I turned it down...

Leave a comment:

• LordF
    replied
    Originally posted by youngguy
    I called anyway, got a slighty moany response about it being "too early for feedback as applicants are still being interviewed" my fault for not being pyschic of course.

Sounds like I may still be in with an outside chance.....

3 weeks since I started my search and I've had my CV put forward for about 8 things, I've said no to 4 and had one interview. How is everyone else's ratios?
    I started my search begining of January. 100 contracts applied for, got short listed for 6, got one interview, got the contract after 3 weeks, my highest day rate to date (£35 more than last one).

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    JD's are always a good laugh and usually bear little if any relationship to the actual work.
    2 questions - how much and where ? If you get the right answers it might be worth continuing the conversation.

Leave a comment:

• youngguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird
    Why is your CV being put forward if you don't want the gig ?
    Only CV gigs you want - otherwise you might appear desperate!

I usually get a IV for 1 in 3 I put the CV in for, and from that I'd hope to get 1 gig out of 3 IV's, so really it's a One out of 10 success rate - but I guess it would depend on your speciality and the market.
    Sorry I meant that out of 12 calls to me I said no to 4 (didn't want after seeing JD) and yes to 8 (so my cv got put forward for 8)

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    3 weeks since I started my search and I've had my CV put forward for about 8 things, I've said no to 4 and had one interview. How is everyone else's ratios?
    Why is your CV being put forward if you don't want the gig ?
    Only CV gigs you want - otherwise you might appear desperate!

I usually get a IV for 1 in 3 I put the CV in for, and from that I'd hope to get 1 gig out of 3 IV's, so really it's a One out of 10 success rate - but I guess it would depend on your speciality and the market.

Leave a comment:

• youngguy
    replied
    I called anyway, got a slighty moany response about it being "too early for feedback as applicants are still being interviewed" my fault for not being pyschic of course.

Sounds like I may still be in with an outside chance.....

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    Agreed, it goes 3 ways:
    3-Client wants you, agent calls you within 1 sec of that call, has to tie you up or they lose the deal, wants you to commit, will play any cards at this stage e.g. last minute rate drop scam.

This one alway happens to me

Originally posted by lukemg
    Any feedback will be a fob-off - job pulled, internal appointment blah, blah. Anything else and you might argue about it = grief for no reward for the agent.

(sorry I have been in investment banking for a while so will talk about the way they do it)
    IBs will have to give very good reasons for not accepting you to satisfy their HR policies, but before they give you any feedback they instruct the agent to call you back immediately after the interview to give your feedback on the interviewer - they need to make sure that their interviewers have been professional and conducted the interview fairly (PC & legal reasons as they are scared you're going to sue them if they didn't treat you fairly at interview and didn't ask you any personal questions which they are not allowed to - off-topic did anyone else notice that when there's an Indian/(Anglo-Indian) interviewing you they are so curious and will always squeeze a personal question, if not during the formal interview while they are walking you out).

Now I find this is really difficult, because you need to give feedback before you know if you got the job or not, this goes back to HR immediately and presumably to the interviewer, hence, if you say anything bad, you are guaranteed that the role is not going to offered to you
    So I only say good things and hope for the best.

If they reject you (IBs) they are obliged to give really good reason, the agent is obliged to tell you those, if they didn't then they are not doing their job well, I personally had some various reasons most of them means they found someone better - however a couple of interviewers gave me really good constructive feedback - I used the pointers they gave me, and that helped me in getting other contracts..

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Agreed, it goes 3 ways:
    1-Client says no - you won't hear a thing, good luck trying to call them, ever noticed it's always someone else who answers the phone.
    2-Client says maybe, but you were the first they saw. Agent will call, client liked you, are you still keen, will be in touch very soon.
    3-Client wants you, agent calls you within 1 sec of that call, has to tie you up or they lose the deal, wants you to commit, will play any cards at this stage e.g. last minute rate drop scam.

Don't bother phoning for feedback, they only hear yes or no and often the client doesn't give big detail back.
    Any feedback will be a fob-off - job pulled, internal appointment blah, blah. Anything else and you might argue about it = grief for no reward for the agent.

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    YG

In my experience - If I get home after an interview and I haven't heard from the agent - I didn't get it. Usually they're on the phone about 30mins after the end of the interview.

Longest I've had to wait is 'til 6pm after a 3pm interview.

Agents are incredibly efficient if the client wants you.

Move on

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    come on you two, there is plenty of me to go around
    looks like you are gonna fit in nicely

Leave a comment:

• youngguy
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    why, you jealous?

Ya big bandit.
    come on you two, there is plenty of me to go around

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Originally posted by HankWangford
    his name making ya mouth water hey freaky
    why, you jealous?

Ya big bandit.

Leave a comment:

• HankWangford
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    Youngguy?

you have to admit, that does sound a bit homo-erotic

his name making ya mouth water hey freaky

Leave a comment:

• youngguy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Yesterday? If they ain't rung by now you didn't get it.
    Forget it, move on.

Obviously if you were not the only candidate then it may take longer.

Harsh but to the point! I'll call but thanks for preparing me for the worst!

and for all you MPs out there....

Youngguy 27, seeksd sugardaddy for exciting days out and cosy nights in. I like chinese food, the opera and walks on the beach. Please get in touch as it appears I didn't get the job

Leave a comment:

Working...
X