• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "They are gonna lock us up..."

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    "I'm going to straight out say that the public should have the same obligations to the government as an employee has to an employer and I don't think that is ******* mental"
    You know there are laws that govern an employer and employee relationship? So your analogy doesn't make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    "I'm going to straight out say that the public should have the same obligations to the government as an employee has to an employer and I don't think that is ******* mental"
    I think we're pretty clear who is mental here.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Because if everyone should make their own decisions, there is no case for the state mandating that someone who is Covid positive but asymptomatic must stay at home, or even that they mustn't turn up to their agency shifts at five different nursing homes over the course of a week.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Because if everyone should make their own decisions, there is no case for the state mandating that someone who is Covid positive but asymptomatic must stay at home, or even that they mustn't turn up to their agency shifts at five different nursing homes over the course of a week.
    You mean like this:

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You know what that answer is.
    I think people are able to make their own judgment to be in situations where they are around people they trust to have made similar safe judgments. Discrimination always gets such a negative association.

You use "broader public" like marxists uses lumpenproletariat, I always consider Baroness Thatcher on matters of collectivism...

"There is living tapestry of men and women and people and the beauty of that tapestry and the quality of our lives will depend upon how much each of us is prepared to take responsibility for ourselves"

...and you be wise to consider her views as well.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Risks to themselves or risks to the broader public?
    I think people are able to make their own judgment to be in situations where they are around people they trust to have made similar safe judgments. Discrimination always gets such a negative association.

You use "broader public" like marxists uses lumpenproletariat, I always consider Baroness Thatcher on matters of collectivism...

"There is living tapestry of men and women and people and the beauty of that tapestry and the quality of our lives will depend upon how much each of us is prepared to take responsibility for ourselves"

...and you be wise to consider her views as well.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You know what that answer is.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Yes, i'm not sure anyone has made us aware that people die from this.

People are beginning to make personal judgments about risk and quality of life after 6 months of hardship.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    People soon forget this:

Coronavirus: Spanish army finds care home residents '''dead and abandoned''' - BBC News.

Maybe they need to see it on their doorstep.
    Yes, i'm not sure anyone has made us aware that people die from this.

People are beginning to make personal judgments about risk and quality of life after 6 months of hardship.

Leave a comment:

• mjcp
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    If your Mistress is at your home then you're very brave, very stupid or you have a very understanding wife.
    Or you're the PM....

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    If your Mistress is at your home then you're very brave, very stupid or you have a very understanding wife.
    Clearly you have no experience in having a mistress and how to keep her.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    2nd home presumably.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    If they are doing a late sitting in parliament then I think it's right to ensure refreshments are available, otherwise, I see no reason for MPs to need to be on site of an evening. Don't they have mistresses to go home to?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    If they are doing a late sitting in parliament then I think it's right to ensure refreshments are available, otherwise, I see no reason for MPs to need to be on site of an evening. Don't they have mistresses to go home to?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    You could always go for a lock in: (paywall) Parliament’s bars exempt from 10pm coronavirus curfew | News | The Times

Boris Johnson's restrictions for pubs will not apply to bars in parliament.

Despite requiring pubs to close at 10pm, and encouraging drinking establishments to collect data for the track and trace system, the Times reports the same rules will not apply where politicians frequent.

That is because parliament is using a loophole which claims “workplace canteens may remain open where there is no practical alternative for staff at that workplace to obtain food”.

One parliamentary source called it a "massive own goal" as Commons authorities insisted the arrangements are continually under review.

One of those to criticise the news is Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan, who told viewers: “It’s kicking out time for the entire country, apart from MPs…. Is that a joke? It’s one rule for us and one rule for them.”

A spokesperson for the House of Commons confirmed the arrangements, telling the newspaper: "We continue to follow social distancing and cleaning measures as a Covid-secure workplace in order to reduce the transmission of the disease through social distancing signage, one way systems, socially distanced seating arrangements, contactless payments, marshalling and additional cleaning".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X