• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Leeds Bradford Airport"

Collapse

• Excursion UK
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Manston (formerly Kent International Airport) is a decommissioned airport located in Kent, southeast England. The airport site was owned by Ann Gloag, co-founder of Stagecoach Group, who bought it for GBP1 in Oct-2013. The airport announced its closure on 15-May-2014. Outside buyers had been sought to purchase the loss-making facility, with a US firm offering GBP5 million on 6-May-2014. The offer was rejected.

A pound!?! By eck, those were the days....I remember when you could buy 5 pints, a pickled egg, and STILL have change to buy an international airport...
    I see you can still fly from Lydd Airport to Le Touquet; Only a 15 minute flight. Back in the day you could put your car on a plane that flew that route. Golden age of travel, that was.

I did once do the hydrofoil service that ran from Tower Bridge to Ostend briefly - I was very young but I remember it being very exciting.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I know someone that made 30 million from airport car parking.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    Just dropped my daughter at the airport, was in there for about 5 mins and was charged £3 to get out of the car park !!!

What the ****ity **** ?

It's also got to be the worst airport in the world ! Any suggestions for worse ones in the UK ?
    You're a ****wit then, why didn't you use the 1 hour free zone?

One Hour Free Zone | Leeds Bradford Airport

Because you were lazy and wanted to park closer to the airport so you paid for the convenience

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Glasgow isn't so bad.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    Manston (formerly Kent International Airport) is a decommissioned airport located in Kent, southeast England. The airport site was owned by Ann Gloag, co-founder of Stagecoach Group, who bought it for GBP1 in Oct-2013. The airport announced its closure on 15-May-2014. Outside buyers had been sought to purchase the loss-making facility, with a US firm offering GBP5 million on 6-May-2014. The offer was rejected.

A pound!?! By eck, those were the days....I remember when you could buy 5 pints, a pickled egg, and STILL have change to buy an international airport...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    You should have made him get the tube...
    He should have answered his bloody phone when I called as I could have snuck in where the busses and taxis go

Leave a comment:

• Excursion UK
    replied
    Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    My sister used to live a few miles from the now defunkt Manston Airport in Kent.

Very handy for summer trips to Greece - which I seem to recall was about the only European destination they flew to.
    Seems that Manston has had a reprieve

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Agreed! 5 mins cost me £4.50 last week.
    You should have made him get the tube...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    They should pay people to go to Stanstead.
    Quite.

Leave a comment:

• Excursion UK
    replied
    My sister used to live a few miles from the now defunkt Manston Airport in Kent.

Very handy for summer trips to Greece - which I seem to recall was about the only European destination they flew to.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Stansted you have 2 hours free parking for drop off and pick up
    Tells everything one needs to know about desirability of said airport

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    They should pay people to go to Stanstead.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    And Heathrow, Gatwick and quite possibly Stansted, which I have thus far managed to avoid.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post
    All the local parking here in Oban is free at the moment to encourage folks back to the high street.
    I like Oban. Did a lovely drive last year with HWMBO from Glasgow to Fort William with a number of stops along the way, Oban being one of them. Is the Oban Chocolate Shop still going?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Try to pick-up at LHR T5.
    Agreed! 5 mins cost me £4.50 last week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X