• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hmm, let me think about that..."

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Wasn't our friend from SThree canvassing thoughts on this not so long ago (pre covid)

I think we concluded it wasn't for us IT types

Edit: linky

(apparently no longer SThree?)

Edit again: Blimey "not so long ago" is three years. I must be getting old...
    Last edited by mudskipper; 18 July 2020, 14:37.

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    Get your substitute to do the talking...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post

F. R. O.
    I upticked your post, but to be fair they do say they are a video interviewing company, which may slightly mitigate the feckwittedness of the idea.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Video your arse for 15 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    He'd probably get hired.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    We are probably 1-2 years away from having AI analysing our micro-expressions and basically taking a polygraph test during an interview.
    Considering how it looks, employers seem to be very keen on how manageable an potential employee is they are creating an underclass of slaves.
    The only difference between the "cotton picking times" and now is only the complexity of the how the oppression is realized.
    What an wonderful time to live in.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Video your arse for 15 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Covif-19 is our excuse.

So wear a face covering.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    started a topic Hmm, let me think about that...

Hmm, let me think about that...

<Wanky-company-name> are a video interviewing software company, and so candidates are strongly urged to submit an application directly to us through completing a short video Solo Interview using the link below (we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer and a Chrome browser):
    F. R. O.

Working...
X