• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Furlough

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Furlough"

Collapse

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    I’m betting Another 6 months furlough is on the cards. Poor little lambs.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Your excuse being what, exactly?
    I'm the hero of the story. You're one of the cretins.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Is there the Official place to register list of Mor Ons?

I might have to start one

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    That is a registration of death you daft fookwits.

Feel free to check the cumulative deaths that have not increased since July the 5th.

Tableau Public

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    “ Sunak Told Ending Furlough Puts 2 Million Viable Jobs in Peril

Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak is putting 2 million viable jobs in peril by ending his coronavirus jobs support program too early, risking an unnecessary unemployment crisis, according to a think tank.“

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...premium-europe

A fair, easy, good for taxpayer and honest solution would have been to get the beneficiary of furlough to repay via extra tax like with the student debt - then people can decide if it’s worth for THEM to stay in furlough

I suspect that would happen as it seems like the only way to renew furlough till March-April

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    From gov.scot:

Deaths: week ending 9 August: 5 COVID-19 deaths were registered, of which 2 were in care homes and 2 in hospitals.n
    Fake news - only ministrone knows the real truth!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    From gov.scot:

Deaths: week ending 9 August: 5 COVID-19 deaths were registered, of which 2 were in care homes and 2 in hospitals.

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Hasn't been a COVID death in Scotland in over 4 weeks. I believe it takes on average 3 weeks till death so we are probably looking at nearly 2 months ago when the last fatal transmission took place.

Yet springy neck Sturgeon is on BBC one every day for 30 minutes trying to look like an asteroid is about to wipe out Falkirk. Telling people they can't go to the pub over and over each day is a lot easier than explaining why of the 2 kids hospitals they have built, one can't open and the other is killing the patients.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Most of those on CUK who appear to be severely mentally ill are just common or garden cretins, who have been encouraged by alt right propagandists and conspiracy theorists (and in one case their dentist) to spout nonsense.
    Your excuse being what, exactly?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yes the NHS could clearly cope. How many excess deaths have we had compared to other countries?
    Evidently not enough to get ministroke to buy into theory that Covid isn’t just a flu

I guess when the flu season starts he’d be insisting that people who had covid and flu at the same time not counted as dead from Covid

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Fecked off to pub instead of posting his own calculation of mortality rate for hospital admissions

Yes the NHS could clearly cope. How many excess deaths have we had compared to other countries?

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Actually i got mixed up with another contract. it was in warrington , a utilities company
    Warrington is too near to Runcorn. You could never of fooled them you that you were local.

“Give me six”

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Fecked off to pub instead of posting his own calculation of mortality rate for hospital admissions

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The risk is reduced by having the country closed.
    Plenty of large, densely populated countries have got through this without nationalising the workforce for 6 months.

The furlough should have been for a few weeks until we got our tulip together. A soon as we knew the hospitals could handle volume ( we knew that in May ) everyone should have been back to work.

I've seen many business lines that reply upon a number of participants not being able to start up again as someone has cash flow issues and just cant go back to 100%. So everyone is screwed.

Anyway, I'm off to the pub to do my bit.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Such as whether you’re a cretin domiciled in Monaco for tax purposes?
    Beware of cretins with lots of money....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X