• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm going to start smoking"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Statistically he is dead, that is all I commented on
    No, you also commented upon an 88 year old woman that both drank and smoked heavily by some sort of assinine comparison.
    If all you can do is burble on with half-witted gibberish I suggest you refrain from replying. We already have sas clogging up the forum with more cretinous havering than can possibly be good for it.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Statistically, the likelihood of a happy healthy lifestyle for the 2 characters involved would lie very heavily in favour of the 42 year old guy as opposed to the 88 year old woman. However, comprehending that is clearly vexing you, so just do what you think best. The early demise of your particular genetic footprint is hardly likely to be of much consequence anyway, blessed as you are with a brain that is smaller than a weasel's wedding tackle!
    I don't need a lesson from you. Statistically he is dead, that is all I commented on, I did not try to extrapolate to the wider population, just making comment. Like the fact that you are unlikely to make old bones being such a fat c unt.... tick tock

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Statistically, the likelihood of a happy healthy lifestyle for the 2 characters involved would lie very heavily in favour of the 42 year old guy as opposed to the 88 year old woman. However, comprehending that is clearly vexing you, so just do what you think best. The early demise of your particular genetic footprint is hardly likely to be of much consequence anyway, blessed as you are with a brain that is smaller than a weasel's wedding tackle!
    You should be happy that Bag O'puss is here, Shaun of the Brain dead. He makes even you look like a towering intellect.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Who was right? The guy who died at 42?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    I got run over on the pavement once so in future I'm going to walk down the middle of the road.
    In London that's safer than the pavement

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    I got run over on the pavement once so in future I'm going to walk down the middle of the road.
    I walked along the road Twice, got run over twice.

Horses for courses I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    So you intend plotting your course through life based on selective anecdotal feedback then? Why not try thinking for yourself for a change?
    You might like it.

Who was right? The guy who died at 42?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    That's rich coming from you!
    Most things that come from me are "rich" Churchill. You should know that by now. Now quick, back to your book, "Naval Knot-tying for Dummies".

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    So you intend plotting your course through life based on selective anecdotal feedback then? Why not try thinking for yourself for a change?
    You might like it.
    That's rich coming from you!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I knew an old woman who smoked and drank to excess, she died last year aged 88. In 2004 I worked with a guy who was 42, he ran half marathons, watched what he ate, didn't drink or smoke. Ran 3 times a week, went for a lunchtime run one day and dropped down dead. Bet he doesn't feel so smug now?
    You might like it.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    And they die young. Smoking is a win-win situation as far as the state and non-smoking taxpayers are concerned.
    I knew an old woman who smoked and drank to excess, she died last year aged 88. In 2004 I worked with a guy who was 42, he ran half marathons, watched what he ate, didn't drink or smoke. Ran 3 times a week, went for a lunchtime run one day and dropped down dead. Bet he doesn't feel so smug now?

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    This is true. The amount of duty paid by smokers far exceeds the estimated extra costs of smoking-related health care.
    And they die young. Smoking is a win-win situation as far as the state and non-smoking taxpayers are concerned.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo
    I think that the Government should be encouraging people to smoke not discouraging it.

Smokers pay loads of extra taxes and don't live for long in retirement, if they get that old at all. Pensions crisis solved!
    This is true. The amount of duty paid by smokers far exceeds the estimated extra costs of smoking-related health care.

This is a point overlooked by those health professionals who refuse to treat people with smoking-related deseases.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I think that the Government should be encouraging people to smoke not discouraging it.

Smokers pay loads of extra taxes and don't live for long in retirement, if they get that old at all. Pensions crisis solved!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X