• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: OK, who was it...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "OK, who was it..."

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    mind numbing tedious boring tulipe
    and another thread polluted.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    This...

Pretty much the state of IT today, I've recently been working on a "near sourcing" project where after two years of non-delivery a contractor team was assembled in the UK which completed the project in five months whereas two years prior produced zero.
    whereas I would agree that our old colonial friends have attributes which might seem alien to us, modern technology has also played a part as far as I can see. I used Powerhouse (not so modern I know) for some time on an HP3000 platform and it was like trying to subdue a wild animal in a bag. One experienced user of it remarked to me that it was only designed to provide 80% of what was required!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's down again.

All short haul fleet has been grounded in and out of outstations due to the loss of the BA FLY system.

#whoresdrawers
    Are you suggesting they're using inferior knicker elastic? No wonder their flights are usually delayed...

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's down again.

All short haul fleet has been grounded in and out of outstations due to the loss of the BA FLY system.

#whoresdrawers
    but, but, -it's not payday.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's down again.

#whoresdrawers

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    OK, who was it...
    System
    Upgraded
    Information
    Technology's
    Yob

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    The problem was just with the Boeing 737 Max... Ryanair changed the name to 737-8200, so problem solved!
    We all love a rebrand!

I see that O'Leary has told Boeing to get it's tulip together. That'll help.

Leave a comment:

• CryingSheep
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    I'm never flying Ryanair again, I can put up with tulipe service etc as I only do 2-2.5 hors max, but I'm never flying on a Boeing 737 again.
    The problem was just with the Boeing 737 Max... Ryanair changed the name to 737-8200, so problem solved!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Once I saw the scale of the devastation, I did not venture out to the terminals yesterday! Made sure my badge was off when I went home, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    BA went for the 'much cheapness' option. I was briefly there around the time they started shifting everything they could to the cheapest Indians they could find.
    I'd only choose BA over Ryanair, and that's faint praise indeed...
    I'm never flying Ryanair again, I can put up with tulipe service etc as I only do 2-2.5 hors max, but I'm never flying on a Boeing 737 again.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    Very partially agreed! Why this is happening all the time with BA and not with all the other 4743764738482 (smaller/bigger/more or less popular/low cost/fancy) air companies?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    BA went for the 'much cheapness' option. I was briefly there around the time they started shifting everything they could to the cheapest Indians they could find.
    I'd only choose BA over Ryanair, and that's faint praise indeed...

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    my two penneth -

modern technology seems to allow far less control over the environment than earlier lower generations of software. Anyone who has used Powerhouse might agree with me.

why does my Ebay screen jump about after it has been painted?
    This...

We've discussed this before. BA outsourced most of their IT to some Cowboys. No, hang on, it wasn't Cowboys...it was Indians...I knew I'd get there eventually...unlike most of their passengers...

Pretty much the state of IT today, I've recently been working on a "near sourcing" project where after two years of non-delivery a contractor team was assembled in the UK which completed the project in five months whereas two years prior produced zero.

Leave a comment:

• CryingSheep
    replied
    my two penneth -

modern technology seems to allow far less control over the environment than earlier lower generations of software. Anyone who has used Powerhouse might agree with me.

Very partially agreed! Why this is happening all the time with BA and not with all the other 4743764738482 (smaller/bigger/more or less popular/low cost/fancy) air companies?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    We've discussed this before. BA outsourced most of their IT to some Cowboys. No, hang on, it wasn't Cowboys...it was Indians...I knew I'd get there eventually...unlike most of their passengers...

my two penneth -

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X