• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bank of England base rate held at 0.75%"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    In the limit printing money won't save a government from defaulting and I'm pretty much sure that at 2£ for a dollar we would be veryyyyy close to that limit!
    In 10 years 1 USD will be £ 20 (English Sterling with Boris face on it )

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Why would the Govt default on debt issued in their own local currency? They can always print it.
    Indeed. Worked out so well for Zimbabwe

Ps. They print notes, not currency. And that promise to pay gets thinner by the day.

Leave a comment:

• CryingSheep
    replied
    Why would the Govt default on debt issued in their own local currency? They can always print it.
    In the limit printing money won't save a government from defaulting and I'm pretty much sure that at 2£ for a dollar we would be veryyyyy close to that limit!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    There'd be £2 to the $ but the government would have defaulted. My kind of Britain.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Morons at Bank of England should have increased rates to 5% by now - then they'd have some firepower left.
    There'd be £2 to the $ but the government would have defaulted. My kind of Britain.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Morons at Bank of England should have increased rates to 5% by now - then they'd have some firepower left.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Keeping our kindling dry I see.

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    started a topic Bank of England base rate held at 0.75%

Bank of England base rate held at 0.75%

Full story here:

Bank of England cuts UK growth forecast - BBC News

Working...
X