• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Catchy co name - creative block!"

Collapse

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    My mate has ByteFlex Ltd which I thought was fairly apt for a IT contrator.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    I thought everybody knew.
    It's a case of search before you think - at least I didn't go to the site!

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Bangbros: Definitely NOT SAFE FOR WORK...
    I thought everybody knew.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    But Nice...

Er...

Perhaps not...
    ERK can I suggest that no-one types that into google.
    Quite like the see it thing but a tad cheesy.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    Bangbros Ltd
    Naughty

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Bangbros Ltd

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    These are all real UK companies:

http://www.thecareerbreaksite.com/fu...pany-names.php

Might give you an idea.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    The first umbrella I approached said the coy name would be "Frigg Educational Services Limited"

I told them to stuff themselves and became a proper business.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I managed to get a company name almost exactly like a very well known supercomputer manufacturer and the .com domain too. Seemed like a good idea at the time but really serves absolutely no purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    I R Looking Busy Ltd

(probably only funny if you watch Cow and Chicken...)

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Bodgit and Leggit Ltd. seems more right for here...

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    >Needs to be unambiguous, short, memorable, reflecting the key theme/type >of business, and versatile. (I work as an IT contractor but also take >commissions for design work, illustration, and hopefully artwork)

ok what about

visualise it ltd
    see it ltd
    represent it ltd
    portray it ltd

they are all available.

squirrel it is better though. might use that myself when wind up and take the cash comes round.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

Some great suggestions but I'll probably end up taking wendigo's suggestion and sit down with a thesaurus and a coffee tonight.

Needs to be unambiguous, short, memorable, reflecting the key theme/type of business, and versatile. (I work as an IT contractor but also take commissions for design work, illustration, and hopefully artwork) I was thinking of looking at other languages for words around 'media', 'creative', 'monkey' etc and possibly cannibalising the words to form a name.

How very branded! If i chose my own name I'd probably be sued to little bits by a large company offering similar services. The domain name's gone anyways.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    [QUOTE=wendigo100]Do you want it to reflect:
    [snip]
    * Nothing at all - a random but pronounceable sequence of one or more characters?
    [snip]
    QUOTE]

or even better random that actually isn't. unfortunately wysiwyg ltd and qwerty ltd have gone.

dang it.

gut feeling ltd is available but then so is ooh my guts ltd. decisions, decisions...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack
    Aaagh... getting another company sorted at the mo and trying to decide on a name that's smart, professional and not already registered. How did you decide your co names? Any ideas for inspiration?
    Do you want it to reflect:

* Your name?
    * The type of business?
    * The key theme of the business?
    * The location of the business?
    * Your favourite food/footy team/band/animal/person/sexual position/ etc?
    * Something else?
    * Nothing at all - a random but pronounceable sequence of one or more characters?

Then get to work with a thesaurus (use MS Word's if you want)

I think you should call it "Eight" and be done with it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X