• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should Mark Field be charged with assault?"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its having the "£350 million a week to the NHS" slogan painted over. With "Suck it up losers".....
    Not the kind of hands across the divide message I was looking for there, mate.

How about "**** off to Ireland, they might give a tulip!"?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Brillo! Fetch the keys to the bus!
    Its having the "£350 million a week to the NHS" slogan painted over. With "Suck it up losers".....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Those who think jokes about milkshake are bad are happy to make jokes about drowning.

Greta Thunberg: Caroline Lucas reports Arron Banks to Twitter - BBC News
    Brillo! Fetch the keys to the bus! Someone, somewhere out there, is OUTRAGED!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    How do my views conflict? Throwing harmless milkshake at a public figure to embarrass them is not clever, and is not something I would do, but it's hardly the same as violently and angrily grabbing a woman by the neck. Had the protester with Farage grabbed him and been physically violent I'd have been equally appalled.

Left and Right have nothing to do with this. Field was angry, and acted violently against a harmless woman who had (presumably) gone through security checks to get into the building. He was out of control, and well out of order.

Now run along little boy.
    Those who think jokes about milkshake are bad are happy to make jokes about drowning.

Greta Thunberg: Caroline Lucas reports Arron Banks to Twitter - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    The conclusion was not mine, that is what I'm recounting.
    I see.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You have drawn a huge national conclusion from conversations that you claim to have had with police officers.
    The conclusion was not mine, that is what I'm recounting.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    How does...

Across the country the provincial police forces are deluged every weekend with time-wasting calls from chav women making malicious complaints of assault against men who simply didn't want anything more than a drunken one-night-stand from the complainants who now feel used and want to exact some revenge against the silly boy.
    ...become...

..recounting conversations with police officers
    ...?

You have drawn a huge national conclusion from conversations that you claim to have had with police officers.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    How would you know what has really gone on behind closed doors when the police have been called out? Is it as TW describes or is that an Alt Right misogynistic fantasy? Without evidence, there is no way to tell.
    How is recounting conversations with police officers a misogynistic fantasy? I'm pointing out that the behaviour of many in the underclass is making the job of the police impossible; I would very much like them to be able to prevent assaults against women but the police are not super-human, they can't tell fact from fiction without investigation and time-wasting by malicious individuals is overwhelming their resources.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Have you ever lived on a tulipty housing estate in a dead end satellite town?
    Of course OldSmeg has not! He dreams of being able to move up to that.....

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Well no I did not take pictures of the incidents I saw happening

and as rarely anyone got arrested they do not get recorded as figures.

The police are regularly sorting out these sort of minor public disturbances as just part of their everyday job - they do not get recorded because often no crime is committed just people are drunk, stupid and angry.

It seems you feel that if there are no official stats on something then it does not exist.
    How would you know what has really gone on behind closed doors when the police have been called out? Is it as TW describes or is that an Alt Right misogynistic fantasy? Without evidence, there is no way to tell.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    So no evidence then?
    Well no I did not take pictures of the incidents I saw happening

and as rarely anyone got arrested they do not get recorded as figures.

The police are regularly sorting out these sort of minor public disturbances as just part of their everyday job - they do not get recorded because often no crime is committed just people are drunk, stupid and angry.

It seems you feel that if there are no official stats on something then it does not exist.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied

I am guessing not because if you had you would know exactly where TwoWolves is coming from.
    So no evidence then?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    "I only believe stuff I read in the Guardian/BBC"
    I was asking for evidence based research for your claim.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied

I am guessing not because if you had you would know exactly where TwoWolves is coming from.
    If it only applies to tulipty housing estates in dead end satellite towns, why was it being extrapolated to “across the country”?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    So best filed under 'Alternative Facts'.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X